Dunmow Rhodes win eight-goal thriller against Notley FC
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes won an eight-goal thriller with Notley FC in their Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One opener at High Easter.
Notley took the lead after a defensive mix-up, as Ben Brown netted.
But Rhodes rallied and Christian Roles had a shot well saved by Notley keeper Arron Murray.
Lewis Roe shone for Rhodes and Murray denied Warren Baines before the break with a fine save.
Kennie Irving hit a post after the restart, but Roles headed in from an Adam Griggs’ corner to level.
You may also want to watch:
Notley regained the lead with a brilliant shot from Joe Russell, but Rhodes hit back as Baines teed up Roles.
A free kick from Danny Sutton flew past Luke Johnson to put Notley 3-2 up, but Baines set up Roles to complete his hat-trick and the same player headed in a Griggs cross for 4-3.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
George Watkins sealed a 5-3 win after a strong run and great shot past Murray.