Dunmow Rhodes win eight-goal thriller against Notley FC
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes won an eight-goal thriller with Notley FC in their Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One opener at High Easter.
Notley took the lead after a defensive mix-up, as Ben Brown netted.
But Rhodes rallied and Christian Roles had a shot well saved by Notley keeper Arron Murray.
Lewis Roe shone for Rhodes and Murray denied Warren Baines before the break with a fine save.
Kennie Irving hit a post after the restart, but Roles headed in from an Adam Griggs’ corner to level.
You may also want to watch:
Notley regained the lead with a brilliant shot from Joe Russell, but Rhodes hit back as Baines teed up Roles.
A free kick from Danny Sutton flew past Luke Johnson to put Notley 3-2 up, but Baines set up Roles to complete his hat-trick and the same player headed in a Griggs cross for 4-3.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 3 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 4 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 5 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 6 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 7 Four birthday cakes as Florence celebrates her 105th birthday
- 8 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
George Watkins sealed a 5-3 win after a strong run and great shot past Murray.