Dunmow Rhodes win eight-goal thriller against Notley FC
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes won an eight-goal thriller with Notley FC in their Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One opener at High Easter.
Notley took the lead after a defensive mix-up, as Ben Brown netted.
But Rhodes rallied and Christian Roles had a shot well saved by Notley keeper Arron Murray.
Lewis Roe shone for Rhodes and Murray denied Warren Baines before the break with a fine save.
Kennie Irving hit a post after the restart, but Roles headed in from an Adam Griggs’ corner to level.
You may also want to watch:
Notley regained the lead with a brilliant shot from Joe Russell, but Rhodes hit back as Baines teed up Roles.
A free kick from Danny Sutton flew past Luke Johnson to put Notley 3-2 up, but Baines set up Roles to complete his hat-trick and the same player headed in a Griggs cross for 4-3.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
George Watkins sealed a 5-3 win after a strong run and great shot past Murray.