Dunmow Rhodes toppled by Tiptree Jobserve
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes came away empty-handed from their Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One trip to Tiptree Jobserve, after a 3-1 loss.
After a narrow defeat to Tiptree Elite a week earlier, they lost Kennie Irving and Emilio Caceres-Sola to injury in the first half.
Sam Duberry fired Rhodes ahead from Ollie Blower’s great pass, but the hosts levelled in controversial fashion just before half time through Josh Robertson.
The Dunmow players were left stunned and conceded again as Matt Griffin made it 2-1 at the break.
Irving (ankle) returned in the second half but was hampered, as Adam Griggs produced good set-pieces and free-kicks.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Johnson made some good saves at the other end, but Griffin beat him for a second time to seal victory for Tiptree.
Goalscorer Duberry took the man of the match award for Rhodes following his hard-working performance.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 7 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail