Dunmow Rhodes toppled by Tiptree Jobserve
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes came away empty-handed from their Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One trip to Tiptree Jobserve, after a 3-1 loss.
After a narrow defeat to Tiptree Elite a week earlier, they lost Kennie Irving and Emilio Caceres-Sola to injury in the first half.
Sam Duberry fired Rhodes ahead from Ollie Blower’s great pass, but the hosts levelled in controversial fashion just before half time through Josh Robertson.
The Dunmow players were left stunned and conceded again as Matt Griffin made it 2-1 at the break.
Irving (ankle) returned in the second half but was hampered, as Adam Griggs produced good set-pieces and free-kicks.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Johnson made some good saves at the other end, but Griffin beat him for a second time to seal victory for Tiptree.
Goalscorer Duberry took the man of the match award for Rhodes following his hard-working performance.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 7 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash