Football: Dunmow Rhodes draw positives
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes had to settle for a point from a 1-1 draw with Bocking Eagles in their Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One meeting.
They forced home keeper Louis Martin into early action to deny George Hamill and Kennie Irving.
But it needed an acrobatic goalline clearance from Ollie Blower to deny Bocking a goal from a free-kick at the other end as the first half ended scoreless.
Jake Sutton tested Martin early in the second half, but Rhodes took the lead when a good shot from Hamill found the net.
And they thought they had doubled their advantage when Irving went around Martin and crossed from the right for Sutton to convert, but the goal was ruled out for an offside decision.
You may also want to watch:
And Bocking made the most of their let-off to grab a share of the spoils in the closing minutes, when an accurate free-kick found captain Isaac Fazk to head home.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success