Football: Dunmow Rhodes draw positives
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes had to settle for a point from a 1-1 draw with Bocking Eagles in their Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One meeting.
They forced home keeper Louis Martin into early action to deny George Hamill and Kennie Irving.
But it needed an acrobatic goalline clearance from Ollie Blower to deny Bocking a goal from a free-kick at the other end as the first half ended scoreless.
Jake Sutton tested Martin early in the second half, but Rhodes took the lead when a good shot from Hamill found the net.
And they thought they had doubled their advantage when Irving went around Martin and crossed from the right for Sutton to convert, but the goal was ruled out for an offside decision.
You may also want to watch:
And Bocking made the most of their let-off to grab a share of the spoils in the closing minutes, when an accurate free-kick found captain Isaac Fazk to head home.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best