Dunmow Rhodes hit rivals for six
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes hit their Halstead Town rivals for six in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League.
Returning to action after a two-week break, Rhodes saw Frank Ladlow hit the crossbar, Emilio Caceres Sola strike a post and captain Ollie Blower also skim the woodwork.
But Kennie Irving broke the deadlock with a brilliant strike from distance and Jake Sutton slotted in a second when a Charlie Gooch shot was saved.
Ladlow smashed in the third before half time and Rhodes doubled their tally after the restart, as a good clearance fell to Gooch to race through and find the net.
Irving added another impressive strike for number five and then completed his hat-trick to ensure a convincing 6-0 victory.
You may also want to watch:
Reece Cottrell had another excellent game in defence for Dunmow Rhodes, who made it 10 goals in two games.
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced