Dunmow Rhodes hit rivals for six
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes hit their Halstead Town rivals for six in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League.
Returning to action after a two-week break, Rhodes saw Frank Ladlow hit the crossbar, Emilio Caceres Sola strike a post and captain Ollie Blower also skim the woodwork.
But Kennie Irving broke the deadlock with a brilliant strike from distance and Jake Sutton slotted in a second when a Charlie Gooch shot was saved.
Ladlow smashed in the third before half time and Rhodes doubled their tally after the restart, as a good clearance fell to Gooch to race through and find the net.
Irving added another impressive strike for number five and then completed his hat-trick to ensure a convincing 6-0 victory.
You may also want to watch:
Reece Cottrell had another excellent game in defence for Dunmow Rhodes, who made it 10 goals in two games.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase