Dunmow Rhodes hit rivals for six
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes hit their Halstead Town rivals for six in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League.
Returning to action after a two-week break, Rhodes saw Frank Ladlow hit the crossbar, Emilio Caceres Sola strike a post and captain Ollie Blower also skim the woodwork.
But Kennie Irving broke the deadlock with a brilliant strike from distance and Jake Sutton slotted in a second when a Charlie Gooch shot was saved.
Ladlow smashed in the third before half time and Rhodes doubled their tally after the restart, as a good clearance fell to Gooch to race through and find the net.
Irving added another impressive strike for number five and then completed his hat-trick to ensure a convincing 6-0 victory.
You may also want to watch:
Reece Cottrell had another excellent game in defence for Dunmow Rhodes, who made it 10 goals in two games.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents