Football: Gr-eight win for Dunmow Rhodes
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes put Braintree & North Essex Sunday League rivals Witham Nomads to the sword in an 8-0 win in their Malcolm Foy Memorial Trophy tie.
Last year’s beaten finalists took the lead when Emilo Caceres-Sola and Jake Sutton teamed up for George Hamill to score with a great shot.
And it was 2-0 when Caceres-Sola found Kennie Irving to chest down and fire home on the turn.
Irving struck again before the break, as keeper Luke Johnson and Ollie Blower denied Witham a reply.
And Caceres-Sola added the fourth after the restart with a near finish, before Sutton’s strong run and finish led to the fifth.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Breeze got in on the act with a similar effort to make it 6-0, before Sam Hockley’s cross found Caceres-Sola for the seventh.
And provider Hockley then turned goalscorer for Rhodes to complete the rout, smashing home from Irving’s cross.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed