Football: Gr-eight win for Dunmow Rhodes
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes put Braintree & North Essex Sunday League rivals Witham Nomads to the sword in an 8-0 win in their Malcolm Foy Memorial Trophy tie.
Last year’s beaten finalists took the lead when Emilo Caceres-Sola and Jake Sutton teamed up for George Hamill to score with a great shot.
And it was 2-0 when Caceres-Sola found Kennie Irving to chest down and fire home on the turn.
Irving struck again before the break, as keeper Luke Johnson and Ollie Blower denied Witham a reply.
And Caceres-Sola added the fourth after the restart with a near finish, before Sutton’s strong run and finish led to the fifth.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Breeze got in on the act with a similar effort to make it 6-0, before Sam Hockley’s cross found Caceres-Sola for the seventh.
And provider Hockley then turned goalscorer for Rhodes to complete the rout, smashing home from Irving’s cross.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best