Football: Dunmow Rhodes lift Division One Cup in style
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes lifted the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One Cup after a 4-2 win over Tiptree Elite at Halstead Town.
Leaders Tiptree had won both league meetings but Rhodes started well and Emilio Cacares-Sola went close in the early stages.
He set up Kennie Irving to open the scoring on eight minutes, but Tiptree levelled when Tommy Gregory lobbed Luke Johnson.
Excellent team play from Reece Cottrell and Sam Duberry found Caceres-Sola to fire home a second Rhodes goal before half time, but Tiptree were back on terms as Mitchell Wright scrambled home.
Caceres-Sola teamed up with Irving to set up Charlie Gooch for a great finish to make it 3-2, with Johnson saving well to deny Tiptree and George Hamill also clearing off the line.
You may also want to watch:
Rhodes made sure late on as Irving smashed a penalty past Phil Morley and they will look to make it a cup double against Tiptree Jobserve in the Malcolm Foy Memorial Trophy final (April 28).
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 3 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park