Football: Dunmow Rhodes lift Division One Cup in style
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes lifted the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Division One Cup after a 4-2 win over Tiptree Elite at Halstead Town.
Leaders Tiptree had won both league meetings but Rhodes started well and Emilio Cacares-Sola went close in the early stages.
He set up Kennie Irving to open the scoring on eight minutes, but Tiptree levelled when Tommy Gregory lobbed Luke Johnson.
Excellent team play from Reece Cottrell and Sam Duberry found Caceres-Sola to fire home a second Rhodes goal before half time, but Tiptree were back on terms as Mitchell Wright scrambled home.
Caceres-Sola teamed up with Irving to set up Charlie Gooch for a great finish to make it 3-2, with Johnson saving well to deny Tiptree and George Hamill also clearing off the line.
You may also want to watch:
Rhodes made sure late on as Irving smashed a penalty past Phil Morley and they will look to make it a cup double against Tiptree Jobserve in the Malcolm Foy Memorial Trophy final (April 28).
- 1 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 2 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 3 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan