Rhodes book place in Knockout Cup final
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Tigers U12s are into the final of the Blackwater and Dengie League Knockout Cup after a 4-0 semi-final win over Torquespeed Youth.
Both teams started well with Torquespeed creating the first chance that Rhodes goalkeeper Alex Benjamin saved.
Rhodes started to dominate and a defence splitting pass from Ben Roberts put through Josh Valks who scored with a fine strike.
This spurred Dunmow on further and within two minutes it was 2-0. Another superb passing move saw Sam Purcell strike a shot against the bar, but Alfie Bowen followed in to score.
In the second half Torquespeed pushed players forward, but the Rhodes defence and midfield of James Clayden, Henry Howarth, Ryan Clancy, Louis Leaning, Scott Williamson, Josh Boreham, Lewis Farmer and Joe Sutton frustrated them.
You may also want to watch:
Dunmow broke with an early ball out of defence, Miles Thorpe found himself with just the keeper to beat and made it 3-0.
Rhodes were dominate and it was Roberts who finished this fantastic performance with a fine run and goal.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 4 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
Dunmow Rhodes have played five, scored 30 goals and conceded no goals to get to the final.