Rhodes book place in Knockout Cup final
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Rhodes Tigers U12s are into the final of the Blackwater and Dengie League Knockout Cup after a 4-0 semi-final win over Torquespeed Youth.
Both teams started well with Torquespeed creating the first chance that Rhodes goalkeeper Alex Benjamin saved.
Rhodes started to dominate and a defence splitting pass from Ben Roberts put through Josh Valks who scored with a fine strike.
This spurred Dunmow on further and within two minutes it was 2-0. Another superb passing move saw Sam Purcell strike a shot against the bar, but Alfie Bowen followed in to score.
In the second half Torquespeed pushed players forward, but the Rhodes defence and midfield of James Clayden, Henry Howarth, Ryan Clancy, Louis Leaning, Scott Williamson, Josh Boreham, Lewis Farmer and Joe Sutton frustrated them.
Dunmow broke with an early ball out of defence, Miles Thorpe found himself with just the keeper to beat and made it 3-0.
Rhodes were dominate and it was Roberts who finished this fantastic performance with a fine run and goal.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 3 Pets' Corner news: Winter Walkies for St Clare
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 6 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 7 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 8 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
Dunmow Rhodes have played five, scored 30 goals and conceded no goals to get to the final.