Pre-season: Dunmow Rhodes down Flitch United in friendly
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Dunmow Rhodes put in another good performance in their latest pre-season friendly to beat Flitch United by a 4-2 scoreline.
The Braintree & North Essex Sunday Premier side began well, creating several chances and taking the lead through Matio Calvino.
But Rhodes started to play their neat passing football and put pressure on the Flitch defence before Ollie Blower got them back on level terms with a decent strike.
Josh Breeze had a good game in goal for Rhodes, cutting out any danger from the busy Flitch forwards, and an excellent pass by Sam Duberry found Danny Watt on the right flank, whose shot from an acute angle found the net from distance.
Larry Sharpe made it 3-1 to Rhodes with a good strike and Warren Baines, who impressed in last week’s game, added a fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Flitch scored in the closing minutes when Calvino got his second goal, but it was only a consolation.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack