Reserves keep up impressive form
Takeley Reserves 4 Ramsden Reserves 1 Takeley FC Reserves kept up their impressive form with a convincing victory over Ramsden on Saturday in the Reserve League Division Two. The hosts powered into a 2-0 lead within six minutes. Stuart Nock hit the bar
Takeley Reserves 4
Ramsden Reserves 1
Takeley FC Reserves kept up their impressive form with a convincing victory over Ramsden on Saturday in the Reserve League Division Two.
The hosts powered into a 2-0 lead within six minutes. Stuart Nock hit the bar with a great strike before firing in the rebound and then Billy Collins netted the second.
You may also want to watch:
Takeley were in complete control and after 20 minutes Nock added another goal for the home side.
The only real opportunity in the first half for the visitors came as Jon Flowers stretched to meet a cross from Ramsden captain, James Taylor, but he couldn't connect and the hosts went
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
in at half-time with a comfortable advantage.
A penalty two minutes after the restart for Takeley taken by Nock was well saved by Steven Taylor's dive to his left and then Rob Garaty found Ben Simpson as he raced forward, but Taylor again held onto the shot.
Dan Cornell picked up a ball as Takeley floundered in their back line and he fired in a consolation goal for the visitors.
Takeley raised their game in the last 15 minutes and Billy Collins fed the ball through to Garaty and his shot was pushed out by the keeper, but only as far as Ricky Goldblatt who made no mistake to take the home side into a 4-1 lead.
In the last 10 minutes the Ramsden players lost their cool and foul and abusive language from Adam Wylie saw him sent off by the referee.
Takeley are currently top of the league having taken 21 points from their eight games, scoring 33 goals in the process while conceding just five.
On Saturday the reserves visit Potter Street in the Essex Junior Cup, 1.30pm kick-off.
- Takeley will be looking to move back to top spot in the Essex Olympian League Premier Division when they host White Ensign on Saturday, 2pm kick-off.
The Station Road outfit didn't have a game at the weekend and were overtaken by Mountnessing, but manager Don Watters will be hoping his side make a swift return to the summit.
They are currently in second spot in the table with 13 points from six games and have played two games less than the leaders, who have just one more point than Takeley.