Records tumble as Dunmow Atlantis swimmers shine
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis put on a stunning performance at the BPSC Spring Time Trials last weekend, demolishing personal bests and club records in race after race.
The squad competed against clubs from as far afield as Croydon and Amersham in the two-day event, held at Basildon Sporting Village.
Dunmow’s talented youngsters gave their usual polished performance, coming away with 62 PBs; with first times for Jessica Jagathesan, Amelia Barton, Maddie Lees and Patrick Winnington.
Eleven-year-old Damon Elliot continued his amazing season, not only taking top spot and gaining a new East Region QT in the 100m butterfly, but also smashing another two club records in the process.
Other club bests tumbled for Louis Spong and Chloe Moloney in the 200m breaststroke, plus Meghan Maybanks in the 100m backstroke.
You may also want to watch:
Not only that, the three swimmers also improved their times for the East Region competition, which takes place next month.
To add to the team’s delight, four swimmers also gained new East Region QT’s: 22-year-old Matt McLaughlin, senior team captain John Boyle, plus junior captains Jack Richardson and Sophie Taylor.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 5 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 6 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 7 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 8 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
The day’s medal haul included 12 gold, 11 silver and 13 bronze.
Visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk for further information about the swimming club.