Records tumble as Dunmow Atlantis swimmers shine
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis put on a stunning performance at the BPSC Spring Time Trials last weekend, demolishing personal bests and club records in race after race.
The squad competed against clubs from as far afield as Croydon and Amersham in the two-day event, held at Basildon Sporting Village.
Dunmow’s talented youngsters gave their usual polished performance, coming away with 62 PBs; with first times for Jessica Jagathesan, Amelia Barton, Maddie Lees and Patrick Winnington.
Eleven-year-old Damon Elliot continued his amazing season, not only taking top spot and gaining a new East Region QT in the 100m butterfly, but also smashing another two club records in the process.
Other club bests tumbled for Louis Spong and Chloe Moloney in the 200m breaststroke, plus Meghan Maybanks in the 100m backstroke.
Not only that, the three swimmers also improved their times for the East Region competition, which takes place next month.
To add to the team’s delight, four swimmers also gained new East Region QT’s: 22-year-old Matt McLaughlin, senior team captain John Boyle, plus junior captains Jack Richardson and Sophie Taylor.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 9 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
The day’s medal haul included 12 gold, 11 silver and 13 bronze.
Visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk for further information about the swimming club.