Record entrants for remembrance race
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners hosted their annual 10-Mile Road race at Stebbing on Remembrance Sunday. After a two minute silence the record field of 443 entrants began to weave their way around Stebbing and surrounding areas. First home in the men s rac
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners hosted their annual 10-Mile Road race at Stebbing on Remembrance Sunday.
After a two minute silence the record field of 443 entrants began to weave their way around Stebbing and surrounding areas.
First home in the men's race was Malcolm Muir from Ilford AC in a time of 53min 36sec, inflicting a rare defeat on Crispian Bloomfield from Billericay Striders who was second, 37 seconds behind.
Sharon Gannon won the ladies race from Ware Joggers in a time of 1hr 04min 45sec.
You may also want to watch:
- Saffron Striders' Gavin Long knocked a mammoth 24 minutes off his marathon personal best at the Five 2 Go (until the 2012 Olympics) Trail Marathon on Sunday.
The off-road route took runners along the Lee Valley, mainly on the canal towpath from Stansted Abbotts all the way into Hackney.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
The runners went by some of the future 2012 Olympic sites including the White Water Canoe Slalom course at Broxbourne and the Olympic Park in Hackney.
Long crossed the line in 64th place with his time of 3hr 41min 19sec.