Rayne gallop into top spot against Horse
RAYNE COCK and Chelmsford City B are the two divisional pacemakers after the first couple of weeks of the Ridley League season – and once again, the North Section looks like developing into a rare old free-for-all. A 12-3 whipping of the Black Horse, foun
RAYNE COCK and Chelmsford City B are the two divisional pacemakers after the first couple of weeks of the Ridley League season - and once again, the North Section looks like developing into a rare old free-for-all.
A 12-3 whipping of the Black Horse, founded on another 6-1 singles score, suggests the Cock's dartsmen will give the Retreat and Flitch Snooker B another run for their money. The Retreat, who've dropped only one singles point to date, notched a whitewash at Bardfield Vine.
They share second place with Flitch A, a point behind the Cock, with the Black Lion edging Flitch B into fifth. The Vine, having drawn the short straw by facing the Cock and the Retreat in their first two matches, owe their dominoes players a pat on the back for keeping them within sight of the leaders.
CCFC B chalked up another big South Section win at the expense of the Cricketers, who will have been disappointed at not matching their first week's form. Alan Morton was a 180 scorer as the City slickers piled up the points, including a second successive dommies whitewash.
You may also want to watch:
That helped them take over at the top from the Black Bull, who had to fight all the way against City's A team. In the end, the mixed pairs point was all that separated the sides.
Despite the postal dispute, all the match sheets got through - except that from the Swan-Bird in Hand, the result of which will settle who's holding the rest up this week.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert