Racer Michael Lyons ends Blancpain Endurance Series season as vice-champion
- Credit: Archant
Ferrari 458 Italia racer Michael Lyons says he is ‘really happy’ to have finished the 2015 Blancpain Endurance Series as vice-champions of the Pro-Am category.
Along with Kessel Racing team-mates Alessandro Bonacini and Michael Broniszewski ended the series at the Nurburgring on Sunday with a hard-earned podium finish in the three-hour championship finale.
Arriving at the famous German track third in the title race, having been within a single point of the series lead at the midway point of the season prior to misfortune at Spa, the trio produced an excellent performance to chalk-up their third podium of the year.
“Considering we didn’t score at Silverstone earlier in the year, due to an incident on the first lap, and also missing out at Spa through no control of our own, to end the season as Pro-Am vice-champions is a great result,” said Lyons, who is from Felsted.
“Whenever we finished a race we were on the podium, with a win at Paul Ricard too, so overall I’m really happy with the season and the team.
You may also want to watch:
“Things weren’t perfect for us but to come through to end the race in third was a good result, especially with the Ferrari ahead of us in second on new tyres – we had to carry tyres over from qualifying so we had less grip than they did.”
While the Blancpain Endurance Series is now at a conclusion, Lyons will be back on track in race action next month.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
He will be in action at the final event of the European Le Mans Series campaign with Murphy Prototypes on October 17-18 at Estoril in Portugal.