Racer Michael Lyons ends Blancpain Endurance Series season as vice-champion
- Credit: Archant
Ferrari 458 Italia racer Michael Lyons says he is ‘really happy’ to have finished the 2015 Blancpain Endurance Series as vice-champions of the Pro-Am category.
Along with Kessel Racing team-mates Alessandro Bonacini and Michael Broniszewski ended the series at the Nurburgring on Sunday with a hard-earned podium finish in the three-hour championship finale.
Arriving at the famous German track third in the title race, having been within a single point of the series lead at the midway point of the season prior to misfortune at Spa, the trio produced an excellent performance to chalk-up their third podium of the year.
“Considering we didn’t score at Silverstone earlier in the year, due to an incident on the first lap, and also missing out at Spa through no control of our own, to end the season as Pro-Am vice-champions is a great result,” said Lyons, who is from Felsted.
“Whenever we finished a race we were on the podium, with a win at Paul Ricard too, so overall I’m really happy with the season and the team.
You may also want to watch:
“Things weren’t perfect for us but to come through to end the race in third was a good result, especially with the Ferrari ahead of us in second on new tyres – we had to carry tyres over from qualifying so we had less grip than they did.”
While the Blancpain Endurance Series is now at a conclusion, Lyons will be back on track in race action next month.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
He will be in action at the final event of the European Le Mans Series campaign with Murphy Prototypes on October 17-18 at Estoril in Portugal.