Popular race is fast approaching
There are less than two weeks to go before the Saffron Walden 10K race on Sunday September 30. Entries are coming in fast, although athletes will still be able to enter on the day. The route takes the participants from the County High School to the park
There are less than two weeks to go before the Saffron Walden 10K race on Sunday September 30.
Entries are coming in fast, although athletes will still be able to enter on the day.
The route takes the participants from the County High School to the park via Audley End village. The runners then go through the town before heading up Windmill Hill and into Littlebury.
The final section of the race is in Audley End Park before finishing at the High School.
You may also want to watch:
Pick up an entry form from Runnerway, download from www.saffronstriders.org.uk or call 01799 500109
An amazing number of 25 runners represented Saffron Striders in the final 5K league race of the season.
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
The Kevin Henry Summer 5K League had long ago been sewn up by Cambridge & Coleridge, but despite the fantastic turnout, Striders were unable to snatch second place away from Newmarket Joggers.
Bryn Reynolds, Chris Dodge, Stephane Toussenel, Gavin Long and Nigel Coates all finished in the top 20, with John James, James Snell, Steve White and Toby Lumsden in the top 30.
Janet Bradshaw, Anne Williams and Fiona Tideswell all performed brilliantly as part of the Striders' female team which took third place.
Janet Lipski rounded off a fantastic season with third spot and she was supported by excellent runs from Claire Waters, Deb Frostick, Kim Hirst, Kate Holden, Monica Krylander and Liz Shields.