Plenty of personal bests for Dunmow runners
- Credit: Archant
Running conditions were good for the 446 competitors, including 22 from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR), who completed the Tiptree 10 mile road race on Sunday.
The relatively flat course, but with an uphill section in the last mile, took runners through Messing, Hardy’s Green and Easthorpe before finishing in Tiptree.
The race, organised by Tiptree Road Runners, was also an Essex County Championship event.
The race was won by Crispian Bloomfield of Billericay Striders in 54 minutes 27 seconds.
Fastest for GFDR was James Bosher in a personal best 58:29.
You may also want to watch:
There were also PBs for Paul McKenna (1:04:35), Sean Henderson (1:09:04), Gerard Geurts (1:11:55), John Smith (1:17:48), Kerry Harrington (1:19:24), Tara Corbett (1:25:49), Lauren Bowen (1:37:17), Rosalind McKenna (1:38:40) and Laetitia Corbett (1:45:06). John Hardy (1:23:47) won a County Championship silver medal.
Steve Read finished in 1:05:42, followed by Ashwin Shah (1:08:29), Ian Lawson (1:13:57), Simon King (1:15:13) and Colin Jackson (1:16:08).
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 9 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
Pru Hayhow ((1:16:32) was the fastest GFDR woman, ahead of Hayley Smith (1:24:17), Angela Thorpe (1:31:05), Gavin Foster (1:38:44), Lee Prowse (1:40:55) and Glenda Jackson (1:45:05).