Plenty of personal bests for Dunmow runners
- Credit: Archant
Running conditions were good for the 446 competitors, including 22 from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR), who completed the Tiptree 10 mile road race on Sunday.
The relatively flat course, but with an uphill section in the last mile, took runners through Messing, Hardy’s Green and Easthorpe before finishing in Tiptree.
The race, organised by Tiptree Road Runners, was also an Essex County Championship event.
The race was won by Crispian Bloomfield of Billericay Striders in 54 minutes 27 seconds.
Fastest for GFDR was James Bosher in a personal best 58:29.
There were also PBs for Paul McKenna (1:04:35), Sean Henderson (1:09:04), Gerard Geurts (1:11:55), John Smith (1:17:48), Kerry Harrington (1:19:24), Tara Corbett (1:25:49), Lauren Bowen (1:37:17), Rosalind McKenna (1:38:40) and Laetitia Corbett (1:45:06). John Hardy (1:23:47) won a County Championship silver medal.
Steve Read finished in 1:05:42, followed by Ashwin Shah (1:08:29), Ian Lawson (1:13:57), Simon King (1:15:13) and Colin Jackson (1:16:08).
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 4 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 5 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 6 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 7 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 8 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 9 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
Pru Hayhow ((1:16:32) was the fastest GFDR woman, ahead of Hayley Smith (1:24:17), Angela Thorpe (1:31:05), Gavin Foster (1:38:44), Lee Prowse (1:40:55) and Glenda Jackson (1:45:05).