Plenty of personal bests for Dunmow runners
- Credit: Archant
Running conditions were good for the 446 competitors, including 22 from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners (GFDR), who completed the Tiptree 10 mile road race on Sunday.
The relatively flat course, but with an uphill section in the last mile, took runners through Messing, Hardy’s Green and Easthorpe before finishing in Tiptree.
The race, organised by Tiptree Road Runners, was also an Essex County Championship event.
The race was won by Crispian Bloomfield of Billericay Striders in 54 minutes 27 seconds.
Fastest for GFDR was James Bosher in a personal best 58:29.
There were also PBs for Paul McKenna (1:04:35), Sean Henderson (1:09:04), Gerard Geurts (1:11:55), John Smith (1:17:48), Kerry Harrington (1:19:24), Tara Corbett (1:25:49), Lauren Bowen (1:37:17), Rosalind McKenna (1:38:40) and Laetitia Corbett (1:45:06). John Hardy (1:23:47) won a County Championship silver medal.
Steve Read finished in 1:05:42, followed by Ashwin Shah (1:08:29), Ian Lawson (1:13:57), Simon King (1:15:13) and Colin Jackson (1:16:08).
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 4 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 5 School activities and sports in pictures
- 6 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 7 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 8 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 9 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 10 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
Pru Hayhow ((1:16:32) was the fastest GFDR woman, ahead of Hayley Smith (1:24:17), Angela Thorpe (1:31:05), Gavin Foster (1:38:44), Lee Prowse (1:40:55) and Glenda Jackson (1:45:05).