Plenty for Dunmow swimmers to celebrate at open meet
- Credit: Archant
A medal haul, club records, personal bests and county qualifying times at the Braintree & Bocking Swimming Club Open Meet left Dunmow Atlantis Swimming Club joyfully skipping into the New Year.
There were 13 golds, 16 silver and 11 bronze medals, shaped as Christmas trees, for the Dunmow swimmers as well as an impressive 52 top five places.
Atlantis proved they are a force to be reckoned with, despite stiff competition from bigger clubs including Chelmsford, Colchester and Saffron Walden.
Along with the medals, DASC members recorded 27 personal bests and two new club records.
Five swimmers improved on their Essex County 2015 qualifying times; they were Amy-Rose Ansell, Sophie Taylor, Abbie Hart, John Boyle and Grace Mellor.
You may also want to watch:
New qualifying times were earned by Rebecca Dack, Rosie Musgrove and Jack Richardson.
Two swimmers, Amelie Jones and Patrick Winnington, attained their first ever Essex qualifying times.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
Thirteen-year-old Grace Mellor was honoured with the competition’s Top Girl trophy, having gained the most points in her individual age group events.
DASC is delighted to enter into the New Year with an unprecedented 35 swimmers and 177 qualifying races for the Essex County Age Group competition, held in January and February 2015.
Visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk for more information on the club.