Personal best and club record smashed by Atlantis’ teenager Spong
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers from Dunmow Atlantis are continuing to ride high following their success at the recent Braintree & Bocking Swimming Club Spring Festival Meet.
The results spoke for themselves as the talented squad managed to bag an impressive 20 gold, 10 silver and three bronze medals.
Not only that, they notched up an incredible 40 personal bests, plus two swimmers - Emily Green and Vienne McPherson - gained first times in the 200 I/M and 100m breaststroke.
Sixteen-year-old Louis Spong stormed to victory in the Open 200m I/M in 2:15:35, smashing his PB and the club record in the process.
The meet was a great chance especially for some of the younger swimmers to put their intense training to the test.
You may also want to watch:
They showed their mettle against other clubs from around the area.
Representing Dunmow in fine style were: Toby Rayner, Patrick Winnington, Aidan Clarkson, Matt McLaughlin, Lucy Le Huquet, Emily Green, Rebecca Johnson, Jack Rayner, Vienne McPherson, Millie Westcott, Freya Jackaman, Madeleine Myers, Megan Rees, Amelie Jones, Harriet Smith, Sophie Lloyd-Rossi, Megan Archibald, Rose Wilkinson, Lauren Barker, Eliya McHugh, Oliver Smith, Rebecca Romaine, Louis Spong, Daisy Herrington and Jamie Spong.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
Visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk for more information on the club.