Personal best and club record smashed by Atlantis’ teenager Spong
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers from Dunmow Atlantis are continuing to ride high following their success at the recent Braintree & Bocking Swimming Club Spring Festival Meet.
The results spoke for themselves as the talented squad managed to bag an impressive 20 gold, 10 silver and three bronze medals.
Not only that, they notched up an incredible 40 personal bests, plus two swimmers - Emily Green and Vienne McPherson - gained first times in the 200 I/M and 100m breaststroke.
Sixteen-year-old Louis Spong stormed to victory in the Open 200m I/M in 2:15:35, smashing his PB and the club record in the process.
The meet was a great chance especially for some of the younger swimmers to put their intense training to the test.
They showed their mettle against other clubs from around the area.
Representing Dunmow in fine style were: Toby Rayner, Patrick Winnington, Aidan Clarkson, Matt McLaughlin, Lucy Le Huquet, Emily Green, Rebecca Johnson, Jack Rayner, Vienne McPherson, Millie Westcott, Freya Jackaman, Madeleine Myers, Megan Rees, Amelie Jones, Harriet Smith, Sophie Lloyd-Rossi, Megan Archibald, Rose Wilkinson, Lauren Barker, Eliya McHugh, Oliver Smith, Rebecca Romaine, Louis Spong, Daisy Herrington and Jamie Spong.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
Visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk for more information on the club.