Personal best and club record smashed by Atlantis’ teenager Spong
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers from Dunmow Atlantis are continuing to ride high following their success at the recent Braintree & Bocking Swimming Club Spring Festival Meet.
The results spoke for themselves as the talented squad managed to bag an impressive 20 gold, 10 silver and three bronze medals.
Not only that, they notched up an incredible 40 personal bests, plus two swimmers - Emily Green and Vienne McPherson - gained first times in the 200 I/M and 100m breaststroke.
Sixteen-year-old Louis Spong stormed to victory in the Open 200m I/M in 2:15:35, smashing his PB and the club record in the process.
The meet was a great chance especially for some of the younger swimmers to put their intense training to the test.
They showed their mettle against other clubs from around the area.
Representing Dunmow in fine style were: Toby Rayner, Patrick Winnington, Aidan Clarkson, Matt McLaughlin, Lucy Le Huquet, Emily Green, Rebecca Johnson, Jack Rayner, Vienne McPherson, Millie Westcott, Freya Jackaman, Madeleine Myers, Megan Rees, Amelie Jones, Harriet Smith, Sophie Lloyd-Rossi, Megan Archibald, Rose Wilkinson, Lauren Barker, Eliya McHugh, Oliver Smith, Rebecca Romaine, Louis Spong, Daisy Herrington and Jamie Spong.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 8 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies
Visit www.dunmowatlantis.co.uk for more information on the club.