‘Places like Ipswich, I have good memories’... 3x World Champ Pedersen on racing again at Foxhall in 2020...
Three-time world champion Nicki Pedersen has admitted heading back to tracks like Ipswich is something he very much looking forward to as the Dane returns to British Speedway this year.
The 42-year-old has joined Sheffield Tigers in the Premier League in 2020 - the Yorkshire side are set to be the first League visitors to Foxhall on Thursday, April 23.
It is a huge coup for Sheffield and British Speedway in general that a man who rode for 13 years in Britain is back after an eight-year break.
"I've been living in the UK for many years and enjoy the country very much but there came a time it was getting too busy with lots of things going on," Pedersen said.
"But from 2011 to now I always said 'never say never'. Now it's the right time, right moment.
You may also want to watch:
And when asked about returning to tracks he used to ride regularly, Pedersen said.
"It will be nice to go back to other tracks. Places like Swindon and Ipswich. I have good memories from those places. I'm looking forward to going back and putting on a show."
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 9 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 10 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
Ipswich Witches owner Chris Louis applauded Sheffield for making the move to sign the top Dane and bring him back into British Speedway.
"I take my hat off to them for splashing out like that," Louis said.
"Nicki isn't the rider he used to be but is still very capable and he will be very good for crowds at Sheffield - and for teams who Sheffield visit."
The new season at Foxhall starts on Thursday, April 2 with a Supporters' Cup clash against King's Lynn.
The Witches begin their 2020 season however, the week before, March 26 at Peterborough - also in Supporters' Cup action.