Paddy nets top spot
A week of high pressure and heavy frosts followed by a very cold east wind lead to a very hard match at Bordeaux Pit for Saffron Walden Angling Club s second winter league match on Sunday. Paddy Phelan made the most of a good draw on the day. Fishing peg
A week of high pressure and heavy frosts followed by a very cold east wind lead to a very hard match at Bordeaux Pit for Saffron Walden Angling Club's second winter league match on Sunday.
Paddy Phelan made the most of a good draw on the day. Fishing peg one, using a long pole and micro pellets, he winkled out six skimmer bream and some small fish for a 6lb 6oz total.
There was a long drop to second place but leading the rest was Graham Carter with 1lb 8oz of small fish, tempted by double pinkie bait over red pellet. Just a fish behind was Andy Crawte with a similar bag from peg twenty six of 1lb 6oz
The early league leader is Brian Mizon, with Paddy Phelan second and Clive Bradford third.
You may also want to watch:
Next match is at Bordeaux Pit Sunday December 9.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone