Paddy nets top spot
A week of high pressure and heavy frosts followed by a very cold east wind lead to a very hard match at Bordeaux Pit for Saffron Walden Angling Club s second winter league match on Sunday. Paddy Phelan made the most of a good draw on the day. Fishing peg
A week of high pressure and heavy frosts followed by a very cold east wind lead to a very hard match at Bordeaux Pit for Saffron Walden Angling Club's second winter league match on Sunday.
Paddy Phelan made the most of a good draw on the day. Fishing peg one, using a long pole and micro pellets, he winkled out six skimmer bream and some small fish for a 6lb 6oz total.
There was a long drop to second place but leading the rest was Graham Carter with 1lb 8oz of small fish, tempted by double pinkie bait over red pellet. Just a fish behind was Andy Crawte with a similar bag from peg twenty six of 1lb 6oz
The early league leader is Brian Mizon, with Paddy Phelan second and Clive Bradford third.
You may also want to watch:
Next match is at Bordeaux Pit Sunday December 9.
- 1 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 2 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down