On Santa’s tail in Stebbing
EQUIPPED with head-torches, 60 runners, including 23 from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, went on the ‘Search for Santa’ trail race last Wednesday evening.
The route followed snow-covered paths and tracks across fields on a six-mile circumnavigation of Stebbing.
There were baubles and chocolate coins to collect en route and Santa was located lurking in the bushes.
The finish at the White Hart allowed runners to thaw out and enjoy Christmas cheer. For the children, there was a shorter course, with each receiving a gift from Santa.
Jamie Woodyard of Springfield Striders was the fastest, in 47 minutes. For Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, Mike Butterworth was first, and sixth overall, in 58 minutes, followed by Steve Downing in 66 minutes, with Wendy Staines and Jo and Barry Bissett-Smith finishing in 67 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes for the best fancy dress went to Mid-Essex Casuals’ runners Diane Knights, Sue Aves and Gaye Gurry.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success