On Santa’s tail in Stebbing
EQUIPPED with head-torches, 60 runners, including 23 from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, went on the ‘Search for Santa’ trail race last Wednesday evening.
The route followed snow-covered paths and tracks across fields on a six-mile circumnavigation of Stebbing.
There were baubles and chocolate coins to collect en route and Santa was located lurking in the bushes.
The finish at the White Hart allowed runners to thaw out and enjoy Christmas cheer. For the children, there was a shorter course, with each receiving a gift from Santa.
Jamie Woodyard of Springfield Striders was the fastest, in 47 minutes. For Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, Mike Butterworth was first, and sixth overall, in 58 minutes, followed by Steve Downing in 66 minutes, with Wendy Staines and Jo and Barry Bissett-Smith finishing in 67 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes for the best fancy dress went to Mid-Essex Casuals’ runners Diane Knights, Sue Aves and Gaye Gurry.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 4 New cycle network consultation announced
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows