Norwich take league points
Saffron Walden 13 Norwich 21 Saffron Walden Rugby Club suffered a home defeat against Norwich on Saturday in the London Four North-East. Straight from the kick off Norwich put Walden under pressure and they took the lead when a classic catch and drive f
Saffron Walden 13 Norwich 21
Saffron Walden Rugby Club suffered a home defeat against Norwich on Saturday in the London Four North-East.
Straight from the kick off Norwich put Walden under pressure and they took the lead when a classic catch and drive from a line out finished with Swanborough touching down, with Ives scoring the conversion. They soon added to their total when Ball struck a drop goal.
Walden came back into the game and Norwich were caught slowing down the release of the ball and Walden took the penalty quickly and James Uppingham scored.
You may also want to watch:
However, the visitors soon added to their total when Swanborough charged down a clearance kick and scored.
Walden hit back with Spinney evading the Norwich defence to score in the corner. Conversion was missed.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
Just before half time Ives slotted a penalty for Norwich to give them an 18-10 half-time lead.
The second half was much more fragmented with several stoppages for injuries stopping the continuity of the game.
Norwich added to their lead when Walden infringed too many times and Ives scored the penalty.
Walden then took their turn to put pressure on the visitors and Hughes scored a penalty for Walden to reduce the deficit to eight points, but it was too little too late.