Norwich take league points
Saffron Walden 13 Norwich 21 Saffron Walden Rugby Club suffered a home defeat against Norwich on Saturday in the London Four North-East. Straight from the kick off Norwich put Walden under pressure and they took the lead when a classic catch and drive f
Saffron Walden 13 Norwich 21
Saffron Walden Rugby Club suffered a home defeat against Norwich on Saturday in the London Four North-East.
Straight from the kick off Norwich put Walden under pressure and they took the lead when a classic catch and drive from a line out finished with Swanborough touching down, with Ives scoring the conversion. They soon added to their total when Ball struck a drop goal.
Walden came back into the game and Norwich were caught slowing down the release of the ball and Walden took the penalty quickly and James Uppingham scored.
You may also want to watch:
However, the visitors soon added to their total when Swanborough charged down a clearance kick and scored.
Walden hit back with Spinney evading the Norwich defence to score in the corner. Conversion was missed.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
Just before half time Ives slotted a penalty for Norwich to give them an 18-10 half-time lead.
The second half was much more fragmented with several stoppages for injuries stopping the continuity of the game.
Norwich added to their lead when Walden infringed too many times and Ives scored the penalty.
Walden then took their turn to put pressure on the visitors and Hughes scored a penalty for Walden to reduce the deficit to eight points, but it was too little too late.