North of England golf success for Earl
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s Rebecca Earl won the North of England U14 girls golf competition at South Moor Golf Club near Durham.
Having shot rounds of 86 and 77 in the first two rounds, the final round was cancelled following a heavy downpour, with Earl declared the winner of the North of England U14 girls.
Earl is a member of Bishop’s Stortford Golf Club and represented Hertfordshire in the Junior County Match Week at Bury St Edmunds golf club this week.
Winning a total of 4 1/2 points out of 5, Earl was presented with the Bagpuss trophy for the best performance by a Hertfordshire player.
Earl’s handicap has been reduced from 12 to 5 this year and she has now been selected by Hertfordshire Ladies to represent the county in the National county finals being held in Lincolnshire in September.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca is hoping to gain a spot on the England U16 regional squad with a selection trial taking place in two weeks time.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 7 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Rain thwarts Aythorpe Roding's title charge but High Roding at the double again