North of England golf success for Earl
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s Rebecca Earl won the North of England U14 girls golf competition at South Moor Golf Club near Durham.
Having shot rounds of 86 and 77 in the first two rounds, the final round was cancelled following a heavy downpour, with Earl declared the winner of the North of England U14 girls.
Earl is a member of Bishop’s Stortford Golf Club and represented Hertfordshire in the Junior County Match Week at Bury St Edmunds golf club this week.
Winning a total of 4 1/2 points out of 5, Earl was presented with the Bagpuss trophy for the best performance by a Hertfordshire player.
Earl’s handicap has been reduced from 12 to 5 this year and she has now been selected by Hertfordshire Ladies to represent the county in the National county finals being held in Lincolnshire in September.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca is hoping to gain a spot on the England U16 regional squad with a selection trial taking place in two weeks time.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary