North of England golf success for Earl
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s Rebecca Earl won the North of England U14 girls golf competition at South Moor Golf Club near Durham.
Having shot rounds of 86 and 77 in the first two rounds, the final round was cancelled following a heavy downpour, with Earl declared the winner of the North of England U14 girls.
Earl is a member of Bishop’s Stortford Golf Club and represented Hertfordshire in the Junior County Match Week at Bury St Edmunds golf club this week.
Winning a total of 4 1/2 points out of 5, Earl was presented with the Bagpuss trophy for the best performance by a Hertfordshire player.
Earl’s handicap has been reduced from 12 to 5 this year and she has now been selected by Hertfordshire Ladies to represent the county in the National county finals being held in Lincolnshire in September.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca is hoping to gain a spot on the England U16 regional squad with a selection trial taking place in two weeks time.
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 3 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Minibuses are transporting residents to Covid jab appointments