Online nominations open for Essex FA long service awards
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
Decades of volunteering in grassroots football will be recognised and rewarded in 2021 when Essex FA will hand out long service awards - and you can put forward those you think are worthy of the honour.
Nominations are open online at www.essexfa.com and will remain so until January 31 at 11.30pm.
They are open to individuals who have given at least 10 years of service to football in Essex as an honorary secretary of an affiliated club or competition, a registered referee, or in any other capacity felt to be appropriate, not including playing or managerial service.
Four awards are up for grabs depending on length of service with the big prize the award of merit.
That will honour those who have given at least 40 years of "outstanding honorary service to football in Essex and who is approved by the executive council of the Essex FA".
Essex FA's Lana Gillard said: "Through these awards, we’re very proud to be able to say thank you, and to recognise, many of the overall workforce in our region. Without the selfless hard work of volunteers, grassroots football simply wouldn’t exist.”
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history