Newton first home at Felsted 10km road race
- Credit: Archant
The Felsted 10km road race took place on Sunday with Springfield Striders’ Mark Newton first home.
Newton crossed the finish line in 33 minutes 16 seconds to head the 248 strong field.
The event, organised by Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, followed a relatively flat route along quiet country lanes.
Darren Southcott of Woodford Green Athletic Club was second in 34mins 37secs, with Tom Offord third in 35mins 41secs.
The fastest female was Megan Evans of Chelmsford Athletic Club in 38mins 31secs, followed by Springfield Striders’ Samantha Bilbie in 38mins 50secs and Chelmsford Athletic Club’s Wendy King clocking 40mins 21secs.
Male age category winners were: MV40 Giles Hopkinson (Orion Harriers, 36mins 41secs), MV50 Michael Woodruff (Bishop’s Stortford Running Club, 39mins 57secs) and MV60 Peter Downing (40 mins 19secs).
The female categories were won by: FV35 Fiona Halls (Saffron Striders, 41mins 12secs), FV45 Michelle Caulfield (Braintree and District Athletic Club, 44mins 49secs) and FV55 Julie Peacock (56mins 26secs).
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 3 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 4 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 5 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
Springfield Striders won both the male and female team prizes.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners will be holding a 7.5 mile trail race at Aythorpe Roding on Sunday, July 26.