Newton first home at Felsted 10km road race
- Credit: Archant
The Felsted 10km road race took place on Sunday with Springfield Striders’ Mark Newton first home.
Newton crossed the finish line in 33 minutes 16 seconds to head the 248 strong field.
The event, organised by Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, followed a relatively flat route along quiet country lanes.
Darren Southcott of Woodford Green Athletic Club was second in 34mins 37secs, with Tom Offord third in 35mins 41secs.
The fastest female was Megan Evans of Chelmsford Athletic Club in 38mins 31secs, followed by Springfield Striders’ Samantha Bilbie in 38mins 50secs and Chelmsford Athletic Club’s Wendy King clocking 40mins 21secs.
You may also want to watch:
Male age category winners were: MV40 Giles Hopkinson (Orion Harriers, 36mins 41secs), MV50 Michael Woodruff (Bishop’s Stortford Running Club, 39mins 57secs) and MV60 Peter Downing (40 mins 19secs).
The female categories were won by: FV35 Fiona Halls (Saffron Striders, 41mins 12secs), FV45 Michelle Caulfield (Braintree and District Athletic Club, 44mins 49secs) and FV55 Julie Peacock (56mins 26secs).
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 3 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Care home chef Ben Morris shortlisted for award
Springfield Striders won both the male and female team prizes.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners will be holding a 7.5 mile trail race at Aythorpe Roding on Sunday, July 26.