Newton first home at Felsted 10km road race
- Credit: Archant
The Felsted 10km road race took place on Sunday with Springfield Striders’ Mark Newton first home.
Newton crossed the finish line in 33 minutes 16 seconds to head the 248 strong field.
The event, organised by Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners, followed a relatively flat route along quiet country lanes.
Darren Southcott of Woodford Green Athletic Club was second in 34mins 37secs, with Tom Offord third in 35mins 41secs.
The fastest female was Megan Evans of Chelmsford Athletic Club in 38mins 31secs, followed by Springfield Striders’ Samantha Bilbie in 38mins 50secs and Chelmsford Athletic Club’s Wendy King clocking 40mins 21secs.
You may also want to watch:
Male age category winners were: MV40 Giles Hopkinson (Orion Harriers, 36mins 41secs), MV50 Michael Woodruff (Bishop’s Stortford Running Club, 39mins 57secs) and MV60 Peter Downing (40 mins 19secs).
The female categories were won by: FV35 Fiona Halls (Saffron Striders, 41mins 12secs), FV45 Michelle Caulfield (Braintree and District Athletic Club, 44mins 49secs) and FV55 Julie Peacock (56mins 26secs).
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks
Springfield Striders won both the male and female team prizes.
Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners will be holding a 7.5 mile trail race at Aythorpe Roding on Sunday, July 26.