New record set by teen cricket ace Waring
- Credit: Archant
A first year cricket scholar at Felsted School has broken a record previously held by a former England star and been nominated for a prestigious award.
Ben Waring, aged 17, has been nominated for the Cricket World’s Performance of the Week after setting a new school record for the most wickets claimed in a season.
The teenager bettered the wickets taken tally by Old Felstedian and England Test and One Day International cricketer Derek Pringle, by taking 68 wickets at an average of 7.78.
Waring not only plays for Felsted School 1st XI, but also for Saffron Walden CC 1st XI in the East Anglia Premier League.
His talents have also seen him turn out for Essex U17s and he has played several times already for the Hertfordshire senior team in the Minor Counties competition.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Gallian, ex-England cricketer and director of cricket at Felsted, said: “I am delighted with Ben’s first year as a cricket scholar at Felsted.
“He reaped the rewards of working hard through the off season which has given him the opportunity to play a superb season for Felsted and be selected for Essex U17s.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
“Please vote for him.”
In order to win this acclaimed Cricket World title, Waring needs your vote.
Visit www.felsted.org/vote-for-ben for details of how to back the teen for the Perfomance of the Week honour.