New record set by teen cricket ace Waring
- Credit: Archant
A first year cricket scholar at Felsted School has broken a record previously held by a former England star and been nominated for a prestigious award.
Ben Waring, aged 17, has been nominated for the Cricket World’s Performance of the Week after setting a new school record for the most wickets claimed in a season.
The teenager bettered the wickets taken tally by Old Felstedian and England Test and One Day International cricketer Derek Pringle, by taking 68 wickets at an average of 7.78.
Waring not only plays for Felsted School 1st XI, but also for Saffron Walden CC 1st XI in the East Anglia Premier League.
His talents have also seen him turn out for Essex U17s and he has played several times already for the Hertfordshire senior team in the Minor Counties competition.
Jason Gallian, ex-England cricketer and director of cricket at Felsted, said: “I am delighted with Ben’s first year as a cricket scholar at Felsted.
“He reaped the rewards of working hard through the off season which has given him the opportunity to play a superb season for Felsted and be selected for Essex U17s.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 3 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 4 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 5 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 6 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 7 Things to do in Essex this June
- 8 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 9 Stebbing Tractor Run 2022 delights the crowds: In pictures
- 10 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
“Please vote for him.”
In order to win this acclaimed Cricket World title, Waring needs your vote.
Visit www.felsted.org/vote-for-ben for details of how to back the teen for the Perfomance of the Week honour.