New Northampton Saints deal for Hutchinson
- Credit: Archant
Former Felsted School rugby star Rory Hutchinson has been handed a new contract with Premiership giants Northampton Saints.
The Scotland U20 player, currently on Six Nations duty, is one of 13 players to have signed new contracts with the club.
Saints’ director of rugby Jim Mallinder, said: “The Saints Academy has a history of producing very good players for the first team, particularly in recent years.
“Some of those are among the batch who have signed new deals, while we see plenty of potential for the rest to follow suit in the coming seasons.
“The Academy continues to play an important role for the club, so we’re pleased that their development will continue with the Saints.”
You may also want to watch:
Hutchinson, aged 20, was unable to help his Scottish U20 side to victory as they were beaten 36-21 by France on Friday.
They play their final game of the championships this Friday against Ireland in Dublin.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history