New manager lasts one game
- Credit: Archant
Stansted FC has a new boss for the second time this month and a third manager this season.
Mark Ashford is the man to take the Essex Senior League’s Airportmen forward.
On November 1, Stansted announced former Saffron Walden Town number two Jason Maher as first team manager after the departure of Paul Halls, who had joined in May.
Maher was in charge for the first, and last time, on Saturday for the 1-0 defeat to Tower Hamlets at Hargrave Park, and on Monday it was revealed that he had already left the club.
Chairman Glyn Warwick, told the Broadcast: “It’s been a managerial merry-go-round.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a manager that lasted one game, he had a change in circumstance, it didn’t work out and so we move forward.”
Stansted moved swiftly to appoint his replacement with Ashford coming in.
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 8 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 9 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
“I’m really looking forward to working with Mark Ashford,” said Warwick.
“He was with Bishop’s Stortford U21s and has been working at Heybridge Swifts in the Ryman League, he is a UEFA B coach working towards his A licence so he has all the credentials.
“We had been talking to him for a period of time and we have got him.
“It’s a result for us.”
Ashford will be in the dugout for Saturday’s game at Sporting Bengal United and will meet the players beforehand, although Dave Roach will take the team on the day, Ashford will start his role the week after at home to Burnham Ramblers.