Netball: Thaxted leave Belles feeling Blue
Thaxted Ladies netball club secured an impressive victory in their opening summer league clash after a great performance saw them beat Bluebelles 43-24. Strong centre court action with Lindsay Smith as centre, backed up by Laura Matthews as wing attack
Thaxted Ladies netball club secured an impressive victory in their opening summer league clash after a great
performance saw them beat Bluebelles 43-24.
Strong centre court action with Lindsay Smith as centre, backed up by Laura Matthews as wing attack and Danni Peters as wing defence, made the ladies hard to break down, and when they got the ball, they moved it on to goal attack Julia Kay and goal shooter Lucy Heggie who were both on fine form.
In the third quarter, the game wasn't going quite so well and the Bluebelles pulled back a few goals, but goal defence Vicky Saych and goalkeeper Kelly Francis defended well as Thaxted held on to take the victory.
Thaxted Ladies was formed about 10 years ago and
consists of players from Thaxted, Saffron Walden and its surrounding villages.
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 3 Pets' Corner news: Winter Walkies for St Clare
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 6 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 7 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 8 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
Training takes place on a Tuesday evening at the Saffron Walden County High School and they play in two summer leagues; Stortford Romeera League in Stansted and the Mark Hall League in Harlow.
Thaxted, sponsored by Carl Fisher Estate Agents, are now looking for an umpire/coach to help improve the ladies' skills and tactics.
Anyone interested should phone Vicky on 01371 830810.