Netball: Dunmow Crests start summer league well
- Credit: Steve Porter
Dunmow Crests Whites began the new Chelmsford & District Summer League with a 34-16 win over Benton Hall.
Crests played a strong game, with some excellent shooting from both regular and non-regular shooters.
And the team defended well, with lots of interceptions and turnovers in a great start to the season as Annabel Thomason was named player of the match.
There was also a win for Crests Panthers, who beat Chelmsford Mulberries 29-11.
It was a good, solid team performance, especially in the second half when Crests played some super flowing netball, with good passing and movement down the court. Player of the match went to Amy Brown.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, Crests Allstars rounded off a hat-trick of wins with a 40-8 victory over LHF.
Everyone played well, with lots of opportunities created for the shooters in each quarter as player of the match went to Felicity Ford.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 5 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear