Natwest Schools Vase quarter-final place for Felsted School
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s U15 team triumphed against London Oratory 20-7 in the seventh round of the Natwest Schools Vase.
They now progress to the quarter-finals against Royal Grammar School Newcastle in an away fixture on Tuesday (February 10).
Felsted has a history of strong performances in the competition.
In 2013 the school became the first in the history of the tournament to have two teams, the U18s and U15s, reach the finals.
The first half of the fixture was a close battle with London Oratory going into half-time with a 7-0 lead.
Felsted regrouped and battled back with tries from Piers Martin, age 14 from Barnston, and Tom Walker, age 15 from Dunmow.
Felsted finished the match in control showing resiliency and determination to pick up the win.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 9 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 10 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
Felsted’s director of rugby Andrew Le Chevalier, said: “I am delighted that Felsted once again reach the quarters of this prestigious competition.
“I would like to congratulate all the boys on their efforts.”