Natwest Schools Vase quarter-final place for Felsted School
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s U15 team triumphed against London Oratory 20-7 in the seventh round of the Natwest Schools Vase.
They now progress to the quarter-finals against Royal Grammar School Newcastle in an away fixture on Tuesday (February 10).
Felsted has a history of strong performances in the competition.
In 2013 the school became the first in the history of the tournament to have two teams, the U18s and U15s, reach the finals.
The first half of the fixture was a close battle with London Oratory going into half-time with a 7-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Felsted regrouped and battled back with tries from Piers Martin, age 14 from Barnston, and Tom Walker, age 15 from Dunmow.
Felsted finished the match in control showing resiliency and determination to pick up the win.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 10 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
Felsted’s director of rugby Andrew Le Chevalier, said: “I am delighted that Felsted once again reach the quarters of this prestigious competition.
“I would like to congratulate all the boys on their efforts.”