Natwest Schools Vase quarter-final place for Felsted School
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s U15 team triumphed against London Oratory 20-7 in the seventh round of the Natwest Schools Vase.
They now progress to the quarter-finals against Royal Grammar School Newcastle in an away fixture on Tuesday (February 10).
Felsted has a history of strong performances in the competition.
In 2013 the school became the first in the history of the tournament to have two teams, the U18s and U15s, reach the finals.
The first half of the fixture was a close battle with London Oratory going into half-time with a 7-0 lead.
Felsted regrouped and battled back with tries from Piers Martin, age 14 from Barnston, and Tom Walker, age 15 from Dunmow.
Felsted finished the match in control showing resiliency and determination to pick up the win.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 Parishes join forces to oppose 'unsustainable' housing idea near Hatfield Heath
- 4 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 7 Uttlesford elects its first female leader in council's 47-year history
- 8 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 10 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners host returning cross country league
Felsted’s director of rugby Andrew Le Chevalier, said: “I am delighted that Felsted once again reach the quarters of this prestigious competition.
“I would like to congratulate all the boys on their efforts.”