Natwest Schools Vase quarter-final place for Felsted School
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s U15 team triumphed against London Oratory 20-7 in the seventh round of the Natwest Schools Vase.
They now progress to the quarter-finals against Royal Grammar School Newcastle in an away fixture on Tuesday (February 10).
Felsted has a history of strong performances in the competition.
In 2013 the school became the first in the history of the tournament to have two teams, the U18s and U15s, reach the finals.
The first half of the fixture was a close battle with London Oratory going into half-time with a 7-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Felsted regrouped and battled back with tries from Piers Martin, age 14 from Barnston, and Tom Walker, age 15 from Dunmow.
Felsted finished the match in control showing resiliency and determination to pick up the win.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 9 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom
Felsted’s director of rugby Andrew Le Chevalier, said: “I am delighted that Felsted once again reach the quarters of this prestigious competition.
“I would like to congratulate all the boys on their efforts.”