National success for riders
Saffron Walden & District Riding Club are celebrating after a successful performance at the British Riding Clubs National Championships in Lincoln. Claire Engelmann and her horse Daniel had the most triumphant weekend winning their section in the senior
Saffron Walden & District Riding Club are celebrating after a successful performance at the British Riding Clubs' National Championships in Lincoln.
Claire Engelmann and her horse Daniel had the most triumphant weekend winning their section in the senior riding test before being awarded the overall national championship.
Claire took the victory in a competition with over 150 of the best british riding club riders starting.
Sarah Burton on Murphy and Jane Hood with Cardinal Beetle also went home with individual placings of ninth and 10th in the senior dressage competitions.
You may also want to watch:
Both the club's junior teams were placed in the jumping competitions on the Sunday with the novice team finishing in ninth and the open team gaining a fantastic third place.
Emily Duff with Jay Jay and Rosie Chinery on Just A Token jumped brilliant double clears to make it into the individual jump offs of the novice and open competitions respectively.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 8 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
Emily finished an outstanding 10th out of around 125 of the best novice show jumpers in the country and Rosie an excellent seventh in a starting field of around 100 open competitors.
Emily Edgar's horse David (Rodiak) took the best ex-racehorse award in the open competition.