National success for riders
Saffron Walden & District Riding Club are celebrating after a successful performance at the British Riding Clubs National Championships in Lincoln. Claire Engelmann and her horse Daniel had the most triumphant weekend winning their section in the senior
Saffron Walden & District Riding Club are celebrating after a successful performance at the British Riding Clubs' National Championships in Lincoln.
Claire Engelmann and her horse Daniel had the most triumphant weekend winning their section in the senior riding test before being awarded the overall national championship.
Claire took the victory in a competition with over 150 of the best british riding club riders starting.
Sarah Burton on Murphy and Jane Hood with Cardinal Beetle also went home with individual placings of ninth and 10th in the senior dressage competitions.
Both the club's junior teams were placed in the jumping competitions on the Sunday with the novice team finishing in ninth and the open team gaining a fantastic third place.
Emily Duff with Jay Jay and Rosie Chinery on Just A Token jumped brilliant double clears to make it into the individual jump offs of the novice and open competitions respectively.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
Emily finished an outstanding 10th out of around 125 of the best novice show jumpers in the country and Rosie an excellent seventh in a starting field of around 100 open competitors.
Emily Edgar's horse David (Rodiak) took the best ex-racehorse award in the open competition.