National spot for Felsted hockey players
- Credit: Archant
A national final place has been secured by a hockey team from Felsted school while another has been crowned county champions.
In what has been a great start to the season for Felsted the U13 girls are through to the national final of the IAPs tournament after winning seven of eight games in the East tournament.
The girls played at a consistently high standard throughout the day, scoring 19 goals and only conceding three.
Meanwhile, the U16s are through to the regionals after their winning performance in the Essex tournament at Redbridge.
The Felsted U16s were crowned the worthy winners of the county title after six consecutive victories, including two 6-0 wins against Brentwood and New Hall.
You may also want to watch:
After a total of 24 goals scored without a single one conceded, they proceed to next month’s regional round at the University of East Anglia.
Director of senior girls’ hockey, Loren Sherer said: “It was a fantastic effort from the squad.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
“The whole team played their part and to win all our games without conceding a goal was particularly pleasing.
“They are an exciting group of players and we are looking forward to the next round of the competition.”