National spot for Felsted hockey players
- Credit: Archant
A national final place has been secured by a hockey team from Felsted school while another has been crowned county champions.
In what has been a great start to the season for Felsted the U13 girls are through to the national final of the IAPs tournament after winning seven of eight games in the East tournament.
The girls played at a consistently high standard throughout the day, scoring 19 goals and only conceding three.
Meanwhile, the U16s are through to the regionals after their winning performance in the Essex tournament at Redbridge.
The Felsted U16s were crowned the worthy winners of the county title after six consecutive victories, including two 6-0 wins against Brentwood and New Hall.
You may also want to watch:
After a total of 24 goals scored without a single one conceded, they proceed to next month’s regional round at the University of East Anglia.
Director of senior girls’ hockey, Loren Sherer said: “It was a fantastic effort from the squad.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
“The whole team played their part and to win all our games without conceding a goal was particularly pleasing.
“They are an exciting group of players and we are looking forward to the next round of the competition.”