National spot for Felsted hockey players
- Credit: Archant
A national final place has been secured by a hockey team from Felsted school while another has been crowned county champions.
In what has been a great start to the season for Felsted the U13 girls are through to the national final of the IAPs tournament after winning seven of eight games in the East tournament.
The girls played at a consistently high standard throughout the day, scoring 19 goals and only conceding three.
Meanwhile, the U16s are through to the regionals after their winning performance in the Essex tournament at Redbridge.
The Felsted U16s were crowned the worthy winners of the county title after six consecutive victories, including two 6-0 wins against Brentwood and New Hall.
After a total of 24 goals scored without a single one conceded, they proceed to next month’s regional round at the University of East Anglia.
Director of senior girls’ hockey, Loren Sherer said: “It was a fantastic effort from the squad.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
“The whole team played their part and to win all our games without conceding a goal was particularly pleasing.
“They are an exciting group of players and we are looking forward to the next round of the competition.”