National second place for school cricketers
- Credit: Archant
Felsted School’s first XI cricket team finished second in the country after a fantastic run in the National T20 competition this season.
After strong performances in the earlier rounds against St Joseph’s, Oakham, Bedford and Shrewsbury, the boys progressed to the T20 Finals day at Arundel Castle Ground.
In the semi-finals, Felsted faced Sedbergh and bowled them out for 133 runs inside 19 overs.
The boys chased down this total with seven wickets to spare and faced a strong Millfield side in the final.
Millfield’s impressive total of 224 proved to be just out of Felsted’s reach on the day, but this placed them an impressive second place out of 132 teams across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Director of Felsted Cricket and former England and county cricketer, Jason Gallian, said: “I was very proud of the team this year.
“They played well together and worked hard to gain this success. It was a great experience for the boys to play at Arundel Castle in Sussex and to get to the final was a super achievement.”
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 7 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases