National final at Lord’s for Felsted cricketers
- Credit: Archant
Lords’ is beckoning for Felsted’s U15 girls’ cricket team as they have reached the national final of the Lady Taverner’s Indoor Cricket Cup after an amazing triumph in the regional round.
After beating Hayes’, Bede’s and Charter School at Surrey Cricket Centre, their success rested on a win against Godolphin and Latymer School.
An impressive six from Year 9 Emma Jones, who recently won a county bowling award, secured the victory.
The team are now preparing to play in the National Finals at the famous Lord’s Cricket Ground on May 11.
Girls’ cricket coach Elizabeth McLaren said: “We are so excited to have reached the National finals with a team of girls, many of whom only took up the sport last year.”
You may also want to watch:
Under the expert tuition of girls’ cricket coach Carla Rudd, a professional county cricketer and Super League player, Felsted is currently nominated as an Inspirational School for girls’ cricket by Essex CCC and became a Marylebone Cricket Club Foundation hub for girls’ cricket in November 2015.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 5 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 7 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 8 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 9 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit