National final at Lord’s for Felsted cricketers
- Credit: Archant
Lords’ is beckoning for Felsted’s U15 girls’ cricket team as they have reached the national final of the Lady Taverner’s Indoor Cricket Cup after an amazing triumph in the regional round.
After beating Hayes’, Bede’s and Charter School at Surrey Cricket Centre, their success rested on a win against Godolphin and Latymer School.
An impressive six from Year 9 Emma Jones, who recently won a county bowling award, secured the victory.
The team are now preparing to play in the National Finals at the famous Lord’s Cricket Ground on May 11.
Girls’ cricket coach Elizabeth McLaren said: “We are so excited to have reached the National finals with a team of girls, many of whom only took up the sport last year.”
You may also want to watch:
Under the expert tuition of girls’ cricket coach Carla Rudd, a professional county cricketer and Super League player, Felsted is currently nominated as an Inspirational School for girls’ cricket by Essex CCC and became a Marylebone Cricket Club Foundation hub for girls’ cricket in November 2015.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear