Narrow first leg lead for Dunmow Lions
- Credit: Archant
There is a slender one goal lead for Dunmow Rhodes Lions U16s after their won the first leg of their Blackwater & Dengie League Division Two Cup semi-final 3-2 over Great Notley Hammers.
Great Notley took the lead in the first five minutes when a thunderbolt of a shot flew past Luke Johnson in the Lions goal.
Rhodes created chance after chance, but could not find the back of the net until Christian Roles pulled the Lions level.
Just before half-time, Roles turned provider when his pass found Sam Duberry who shot home for a 2-1 lead.
The second half saw Great Notley claw the game back to 2-2 with a free-kick.
You may also want to watch:
However, Lions’ man of the match Sam Hockley was causing problems for the Great Notley Hammers defence.
His cross from the right found Adam Griggs just outside the penalty area and his trusty left foot sent the ball into the net to make the first leg final score 3-2.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing