Motorcycling: Scramblers lead way
DUNMOW Motorcycle Club have announced their race fixtures for 2006. The first is the club s annual scramble at Stebbing on Bank Holiday Sunday, April 30, for solos and sidecars. The sidecar racing will include a round of the national sidecar support cham
DUNMOW Motorcycle Club have announced their race fixtures for 2006.
The first is the club's annual scramble at Stebbing on Bank Holiday Sunday, April 30, for solos and sidecars.
The sidecar racing will include a round of the national sidecar support championships and a round of the Eastern Centre Championships.
Practice is at midday and racing starts at 1.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The next two events are grass track races on Sunday, June 18, and Sunday, September 10, at Ugley Hall Farm, Ugley.
Practice gets under way at midday, with 36-race programmes starting at 1.30pm. The events are being held at the Ugley Bowl.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 8 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
All the events cater for solo and sidecar machines. The club is prepared for any dust problems, with a water cart and pump, and the circuit is watered on a little and often basis.
Admission for the events is £8 for adults, £5 for OAPs and children just £1 each. Parking is free at all events.
The weatherline number for all events is 01371 870123 and the club's website is www.ddmcc.org