Motorcycling: Scramblers lead way
DUNMOW Motorcycle Club have announced their race fixtures for 2006. The first is the club s annual scramble at Stebbing on Bank Holiday Sunday, April 30, for solos and sidecars. The sidecar racing will include a round of the national sidecar support cham
DUNMOW Motorcycle Club have announced their race fixtures for 2006.
The first is the club's annual scramble at Stebbing on Bank Holiday Sunday, April 30, for solos and sidecars.
The sidecar racing will include a round of the national sidecar support championships and a round of the Eastern Centre Championships.
Practice is at midday and racing starts at 1.30pm.
The next two events are grass track races on Sunday, June 18, and Sunday, September 10, at Ugley Hall Farm, Ugley.
Practice gets under way at midday, with 36-race programmes starting at 1.30pm. The events are being held at the Ugley Bowl.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
All the events cater for solo and sidecar machines. The club is prepared for any dust problems, with a water cart and pump, and the circuit is watered on a little and often basis.
Admission for the events is £8 for adults, £5 for OAPs and children just £1 each. Parking is free at all events.
The weatherline number for all events is 01371 870123 and the club's website is www.ddmcc.org