More matches off due to frozen pitches and snow
- Credit: Archant
Frustrations with the weather and pitch conditions have continued to hamper football fixtures for Takeley’s men and women’s teams.
A host of their matches since the turn of the year have fallen foul of waterlogged, frozen and snow covered pitches.
Duncan Easley’s side had their Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy tie with FC Romania at Station Road postponed on Tuesday night.
It was the same story with their Essex Senior League Premier Division match at home with Greenhouse London on Saturday.
This weekend, weather depending, Takeley are to travel to the Coles Park Stadium to take on top of the table Haringey Borough in the Premier Division.
Haringey have won an impressive 20 of their 22 league games this season with one draw and one defeat.
Takeley are 16th in the table with six wins, three draws and 12 losses from 21 matches to their name.
- 1 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 2 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 3 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
- 10 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
Takeley’s Ladies had their Essex County Women’s Football League Cup second round encounter with Hutton Reserves called off on Sunday, the clash has been rescheduled for this Sunday.
Just one Essex County Women’s Football League match took place on Sunday with Eastern Avenue beating Collier Row Tigers 4-0 in the league cup.