More matches off due to frozen pitches and snow
- Credit: Archant
Frustrations with the weather and pitch conditions have continued to hamper football fixtures for Takeley’s men and women’s teams.
A host of their matches since the turn of the year have fallen foul of waterlogged, frozen and snow covered pitches.
Duncan Easley’s side had their Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy tie with FC Romania at Station Road postponed on Tuesday night.
It was the same story with their Essex Senior League Premier Division match at home with Greenhouse London on Saturday.
This weekend, weather depending, Takeley are to travel to the Coles Park Stadium to take on top of the table Haringey Borough in the Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey have won an impressive 20 of their 22 league games this season with one draw and one defeat.
Takeley are 16th in the table with six wins, three draws and 12 losses from 21 matches to their name.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
Takeley’s Ladies had their Essex County Women’s Football League Cup second round encounter with Hutton Reserves called off on Sunday, the clash has been rescheduled for this Sunday.
Just one Essex County Women’s Football League match took place on Sunday with Eastern Avenue beating Collier Row Tigers 4-0 in the league cup.