More matches off due to frozen pitches and snow
- Credit: Archant
Frustrations with the weather and pitch conditions have continued to hamper football fixtures for Takeley’s men and women’s teams.
A host of their matches since the turn of the year have fallen foul of waterlogged, frozen and snow covered pitches.
Duncan Easley’s side had their Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy tie with FC Romania at Station Road postponed on Tuesday night.
It was the same story with their Essex Senior League Premier Division match at home with Greenhouse London on Saturday.
This weekend, weather depending, Takeley are to travel to the Coles Park Stadium to take on top of the table Haringey Borough in the Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey have won an impressive 20 of their 22 league games this season with one draw and one defeat.
Takeley are 16th in the table with six wins, three draws and 12 losses from 21 matches to their name.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 4 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 5 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 9 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
Takeley’s Ladies had their Essex County Women’s Football League Cup second round encounter with Hutton Reserves called off on Sunday, the clash has been rescheduled for this Sunday.
Just one Essex County Women’s Football League match took place on Sunday with Eastern Avenue beating Collier Row Tigers 4-0 in the league cup.