Moloney sets Dunmow Atlantis club record
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis had another successful round of swimming at Basildon last weekend competing at the Essex Senior Winter Championships.
A total of 10 swimmers took part from the club: Rebecca Romain, Rebecca Watt, Chloe Moloney, Matt McLaughlin, Lauren Barker, Emma Sarginson, Sophie Taylor, Rose Wilkinson, Rosie Musgrove and Rebecca Maybanks.
Each had to meet strict qualifying times in order to participate in the prestigious competition, with top opponents from clubs across Essex, including BPSC, Barking & Dagenham and Colchester.
The squad bagged a total of 12 personal bests, there were 10 improved Essex qualifying times for Watt, Moloney, Barker, Sarginson, Taylor, McLaughlin and Musgrove, plus a new EQT for Maybanks.
Not only that, there were three new East Region qualifications, one apiece for McLaughlin, Moloney and Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
The icing on the cake came in the form of a new club record for 13-year-old Chloe Moloney for her spectacular 800m freestyle.
McLaughlin placing seventh and fifth respectively in the finals of the 50m and 100m breaststroke.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
Club assistant coach Darren Tucker, said: “A true sign that your squad is in peak fitness is when each and every swimmer raises their game at a high level competition meet such as this.”