Moloney sets Dunmow Atlantis club record
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis had another successful round of swimming at Basildon last weekend competing at the Essex Senior Winter Championships.
A total of 10 swimmers took part from the club: Rebecca Romain, Rebecca Watt, Chloe Moloney, Matt McLaughlin, Lauren Barker, Emma Sarginson, Sophie Taylor, Rose Wilkinson, Rosie Musgrove and Rebecca Maybanks.
Each had to meet strict qualifying times in order to participate in the prestigious competition, with top opponents from clubs across Essex, including BPSC, Barking & Dagenham and Colchester.
The squad bagged a total of 12 personal bests, there were 10 improved Essex qualifying times for Watt, Moloney, Barker, Sarginson, Taylor, McLaughlin and Musgrove, plus a new EQT for Maybanks.
Not only that, there were three new East Region qualifications, one apiece for McLaughlin, Moloney and Taylor.
The icing on the cake came in the form of a new club record for 13-year-old Chloe Moloney for her spectacular 800m freestyle.
McLaughlin placing seventh and fifth respectively in the finals of the 50m and 100m breaststroke.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 6 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 10 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
Club assistant coach Darren Tucker, said: “A true sign that your squad is in peak fitness is when each and every swimmer raises their game at a high level competition meet such as this.”