Moloney sets Dunmow Atlantis club record
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis had another successful round of swimming at Basildon last weekend competing at the Essex Senior Winter Championships.
A total of 10 swimmers took part from the club: Rebecca Romain, Rebecca Watt, Chloe Moloney, Matt McLaughlin, Lauren Barker, Emma Sarginson, Sophie Taylor, Rose Wilkinson, Rosie Musgrove and Rebecca Maybanks.
Each had to meet strict qualifying times in order to participate in the prestigious competition, with top opponents from clubs across Essex, including BPSC, Barking & Dagenham and Colchester.
The squad bagged a total of 12 personal bests, there were 10 improved Essex qualifying times for Watt, Moloney, Barker, Sarginson, Taylor, McLaughlin and Musgrove, plus a new EQT for Maybanks.
Not only that, there were three new East Region qualifications, one apiece for McLaughlin, Moloney and Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
The icing on the cake came in the form of a new club record for 13-year-old Chloe Moloney for her spectacular 800m freestyle.
McLaughlin placing seventh and fifth respectively in the finals of the 50m and 100m breaststroke.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Club assistant coach Darren Tucker, said: “A true sign that your squad is in peak fitness is when each and every swimmer raises their game at a high level competition meet such as this.”