Mixed results in opening two league games for Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Takeley secured three points from their opening two Essex Senior League games.
Saturday saw Takeley beat Eton Manor 2-1 with goals from Reece Dobson and Jordan Westcott.
However, Tuesday night Duncan Easley’s side lost 4-2 at Waltham Forest.
Greig Taylor and Daryl Doolan missed good chances for the visitors in the opening quarter of the match.
This proved costly as the hosts went ahead on 18 minutes through Corey Stewart.
You may also want to watch:
It was 2-0 on 43 minutes as Tyrique Solomon rounded keeper Ronnie Yates and shot into an empty net.
There was still time before the break for Takeley to pull one back as Westcott netted his second goal in two games.
- 1 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 2 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 9 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
Neil Thompson bagged a second half brace to put the home side 4-1 up and on the way to victory.
Taylor did make it 4-2 late on, but the early misses cost Takeley any points.
On Saturday Takeley host London Tigers in the FA Cup extra preliminary round at Station Road. Kick-off 3pm.