Mixed results in opening two league games for Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Takeley secured three points from their opening two Essex Senior League games.
Saturday saw Takeley beat Eton Manor 2-1 with goals from Reece Dobson and Jordan Westcott.
However, Tuesday night Duncan Easley’s side lost 4-2 at Waltham Forest.
Greig Taylor and Daryl Doolan missed good chances for the visitors in the opening quarter of the match.
This proved costly as the hosts went ahead on 18 minutes through Corey Stewart.
It was 2-0 on 43 minutes as Tyrique Solomon rounded keeper Ronnie Yates and shot into an empty net.
There was still time before the break for Takeley to pull one back as Westcott netted his second goal in two games.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
Neil Thompson bagged a second half brace to put the home side 4-1 up and on the way to victory.
Taylor did make it 4-2 late on, but the early misses cost Takeley any points.
On Saturday Takeley host London Tigers in the FA Cup extra preliminary round at Station Road. Kick-off 3pm.