Mixed results in opening two league games for Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Takeley secured three points from their opening two Essex Senior League games.
Saturday saw Takeley beat Eton Manor 2-1 with goals from Reece Dobson and Jordan Westcott.
However, Tuesday night Duncan Easley’s side lost 4-2 at Waltham Forest.
Greig Taylor and Daryl Doolan missed good chances for the visitors in the opening quarter of the match.
This proved costly as the hosts went ahead on 18 minutes through Corey Stewart.
You may also want to watch:
It was 2-0 on 43 minutes as Tyrique Solomon rounded keeper Ronnie Yates and shot into an empty net.
There was still time before the break for Takeley to pull one back as Westcott netted his second goal in two games.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 5 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 10 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
Neil Thompson bagged a second half brace to put the home side 4-1 up and on the way to victory.
Taylor did make it 4-2 late on, but the early misses cost Takeley any points.
On Saturday Takeley host London Tigers in the FA Cup extra preliminary round at Station Road. Kick-off 3pm.