Mixed pre-season results so far for Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Takeley continued their Essex Senior League pre-season campaign with a 2-1 defeat to Ryman League Division One North side Witham Town on Tuesday night.
It was an improved performance from Saturday’s 2-0 loss to Thurlow Nunn Premier Division outfit Saffron Walden which ended in the same result. Gavin Cockman netted for Takeley.
The two losses were against sides above Takeley in the non league pyramid so the tests will stand them in good stead for the season ahead.
Manager Duncan Easley said: “The players came back with a reasonable level of fitness, we have worked them hard and they have come on in pre-season individually and as a unit.
“We had a couple of easier games to start with and then two with stronger sides above us to measure how we compare to them as of course we’d like to push on.”
You may also want to watch:
Takeley started their schedule with a 6-4 win over Herts Senior County League Premier Division Buntingford with goals from Ryan Lockett (two), Alex Martin, James Mays and two from trialists. A 3-2 defeat to another Herts County League side, Standon & Puckeridge, followed last Thursday.
Takeley begin their Essex Senior League campaign on Saturday, August 8 at home to Tower Hamlets.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease