Mixed pre-season results so far for Takeley
- Credit: Archant
Takeley continued their Essex Senior League pre-season campaign with a 2-1 defeat to Ryman League Division One North side Witham Town on Tuesday night.
It was an improved performance from Saturday’s 2-0 loss to Thurlow Nunn Premier Division outfit Saffron Walden which ended in the same result. Gavin Cockman netted for Takeley.
The two losses were against sides above Takeley in the non league pyramid so the tests will stand them in good stead for the season ahead.
Manager Duncan Easley said: “The players came back with a reasonable level of fitness, we have worked them hard and they have come on in pre-season individually and as a unit.
“We had a couple of easier games to start with and then two with stronger sides above us to measure how we compare to them as of course we’d like to push on.”
You may also want to watch:
Takeley started their schedule with a 6-4 win over Herts Senior County League Premier Division Buntingford with goals from Ryan Lockett (two), Alex Martin, James Mays and two from trialists. A 3-2 defeat to another Herts County League side, Standon & Puckeridge, followed last Thursday.
Takeley begin their Essex Senior League campaign on Saturday, August 8 at home to Tower Hamlets.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan