Mixed feelings for Takeley boss on enforced break
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Marc Das has been left to weigh up the pros and cons of an enforced break on his high-flying Essex Senior League side.
The team from Station Road are second in the table and on a five-match unbeaten streak, however following Saturday’s 5-2 win over Haringey & Waltham they do not now have a game until heading to derby rivals Stansted on December 10.
Das told the Broadcast: “It’s a double-edged sword.
“The last four or five games things have been going quite well and we’ve picked up a couple of wins. It was a superb performance against FC Romania [2-2] and a good one on Saturday.
“It’s a shame, but in a way it has helped as we have a few niggles to key players such as George Powell (hamstring), Alex Luque (hamstring) and Alex Martin (cut leg).
You may also want to watch:
“It’s nice they have a little more time to recover, but at the same time we would like to have a game on Saturday to keep the momentum going.”
Takeley are set for another extended break from December 21 to January 14 when they do not have fixtures scheduled.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
“We have to make use of our training sessions during the breaks to make sure we do not undo the good work we have done so far,” he added.
Against Haringey & Waltham, Takeley striker Charlie Cole bagged a hat-trick taking his season’s tally to an impressive 22 goals in 27 games in all competitions.
Mitchell Das was also on the scoresheet and an own goal completed Takeley’s latest victory.