Mixed feelings for Takeley boss on enforced break
- Credit: Archant
Takeley boss Marc Das has been left to weigh up the pros and cons of an enforced break on his high-flying Essex Senior League side.
The team from Station Road are second in the table and on a five-match unbeaten streak, however following Saturday’s 5-2 win over Haringey & Waltham they do not now have a game until heading to derby rivals Stansted on December 10.
Das told the Broadcast: “It’s a double-edged sword.
“The last four or five games things have been going quite well and we’ve picked up a couple of wins. It was a superb performance against FC Romania [2-2] and a good one on Saturday.
“It’s a shame, but in a way it has helped as we have a few niggles to key players such as George Powell (hamstring), Alex Luque (hamstring) and Alex Martin (cut leg).
You may also want to watch:
“It’s nice they have a little more time to recover, but at the same time we would like to have a game on Saturday to keep the momentum going.”
Takeley are set for another extended break from December 21 to January 14 when they do not have fixtures scheduled.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 7 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 8 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
“We have to make use of our training sessions during the breaks to make sure we do not undo the good work we have done so far,” he added.
Against Haringey & Waltham, Takeley striker Charlie Cole bagged a hat-trick taking his season’s tally to an impressive 22 goals in 27 games in all competitions.
Mitchell Das was also on the scoresheet and an own goal completed Takeley’s latest victory.