Mid Essex race report: Dunmow runners brave the cold
COMPETITORS from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners club came up with strong performances in the second race of the Mid-Essex Cross Country League.
A cold but bright wintery morning attracted 168 runners for the event, hosted by Springfield Striders at Highwood, near Chelmsford, with 106 men and 62 women taking part.
On home territory, the race was won by Malcolm Muir and the first lady was Tracey Woodyard, both of Springfield.
For Grange Farm and Dunmow, the first man was Nick Laughton, in ninth position overall, followed by Steve Read and Simon Rawlings.
For the ladies, Anita Cox had an impressive run, finishing as third lady overall, followed by Wendy Staines and Jane Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Springfield Striders won the men’s team event, with Leigh-on-Sea Striders second and Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners third.
Springfield Striders also won the women’s category, but the strong performance of the Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ ladies moved the team into second position, ahead of Leigh-on-Sea Striders.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?