Mid Essex race report: Dunmow runners brave the cold
COMPETITORS from Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners club came up with strong performances in the second race of the Mid-Essex Cross Country League.
A cold but bright wintery morning attracted 168 runners for the event, hosted by Springfield Striders at Highwood, near Chelmsford, with 106 men and 62 women taking part.
On home territory, the race was won by Malcolm Muir and the first lady was Tracey Woodyard, both of Springfield.
For Grange Farm and Dunmow, the first man was Nick Laughton, in ninth position overall, followed by Steve Read and Simon Rawlings.
For the ladies, Anita Cox had an impressive run, finishing as third lady overall, followed by Wendy Staines and Jane Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Springfield Striders won the men’s team event, with Leigh-on-Sea Striders second and Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners third.
Springfield Striders also won the women’s category, but the strong performance of the Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners’ ladies moved the team into second position, ahead of Leigh-on-Sea Striders.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge