Max Malins officially ruled out of England's autumn international with Tonga
- Credit: ADAM DAVY/PA
Former Felsted schoolboy Max Malins has been officially ruled out of England's first autumn international against Tonga through injury.
The Pacific islanders visit Twickenham on Saturday but the Premiership's leading try-scorer will not feature.
Head coach Eddie Jones said: "We had Max Malins and Raffi Quirke come into camp with injuries.
"They've been rehabbing but won't be considered for selection for the Tongan game, but we're hopeful they'll be fitter further down the track."
To make matters worse Malins' replacement, Louis Lynagh, has also been ruled out after a bruising encounter for Harlequins against Saracens on Sunday.
"Louis came in a bit beaten up after the game and so he hasn't been able to train with us," Jones said.
"With Max unavailable because of the injury he brought into camp, we just thought we needed additional cover. But unfortunately Louis is injured as well.
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 3 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 4 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 Festive fun comes to Rayne this December
- 9 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 10 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
Lynagh's club-mate at the Stoop, Marcus Smith is also a doubt for Saturday's game.