Marathon: GFDR group impress at London
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners defied conditions at the hottest-ever London Marathon to post some impressive times.
A group of eight travelled down to the capital and James Bosher broke the three-hour barrier to come home in 2:56.06.
Matt Bainbridge clocked 3:05.05 ahead of Paul McKenna 3:15.52, as Octavia Singleton (3:47.58) and Jason Bepey (3:55.49) beat the four-hour mark.
Gillian Robertson (4:01.14), Hayley Smith (4:18.11) and Gavin Foster (5:43.07) completed the GFDR line-up.
*Black Bull retained the Ridley League Cup with another remorseless team show to make it twice unlucky for Dog & Partridge.
The Dog took the second series of games to leave the match poised at 3-3, but a final-round whitewash meant they finished as runners-up in both this and the darts competitions.
May McGowan and Sue Steele won three out of three for Bull, while Compasses ended their season in style, clinching the darts title and rising to third overall with a 14-1 win at Red Beret.
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 5 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 6 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 7 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
Final table: CCFC 14-135, Lt Waltham 14-126, Compasses 14-120, Chequers 14-116, Dog & Partridge 14-113, Black Bull 14-106, Red Beret 14-78, City Birds 14-46.