Marathon: GFDR group impress at London
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners defied conditions at the hottest-ever London Marathon to post some impressive times.
A group of eight travelled down to the capital and James Bosher broke the three-hour barrier to come home in 2:56.06.
Matt Bainbridge clocked 3:05.05 ahead of Paul McKenna 3:15.52, as Octavia Singleton (3:47.58) and Jason Bepey (3:55.49) beat the four-hour mark.
Gillian Robertson (4:01.14), Hayley Smith (4:18.11) and Gavin Foster (5:43.07) completed the GFDR line-up.
*Black Bull retained the Ridley League Cup with another remorseless team show to make it twice unlucky for Dog & Partridge.
The Dog took the second series of games to leave the match poised at 3-3, but a final-round whitewash meant they finished as runners-up in both this and the darts competitions.
May McGowan and Sue Steele won three out of three for Bull, while Compasses ended their season in style, clinching the darts title and rising to third overall with a 14-1 win at Red Beret.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 3 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 4 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 The low-alcohol drinks produced in and around north-west Essex
- 8 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 9 Great Notley set for new solar farm under plans sent to Uttlesford council
- 10 Dinosaur park decision made
Final table: CCFC 14-135, Lt Waltham 14-126, Compasses 14-120, Chequers 14-116, Dog & Partridge 14-113, Black Bull 14-106, Red Beret 14-78, City Birds 14-46.