Marathon: GFDR group impress at London
- Credit: Archant
Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners defied conditions at the hottest-ever London Marathon to post some impressive times.
A group of eight travelled down to the capital and James Bosher broke the three-hour barrier to come home in 2:56.06.
Matt Bainbridge clocked 3:05.05 ahead of Paul McKenna 3:15.52, as Octavia Singleton (3:47.58) and Jason Bepey (3:55.49) beat the four-hour mark.
Gillian Robertson (4:01.14), Hayley Smith (4:18.11) and Gavin Foster (5:43.07) completed the GFDR line-up.
*Black Bull retained the Ridley League Cup with another remorseless team show to make it twice unlucky for Dog & Partridge.
You may also want to watch:
The Dog took the second series of games to leave the match poised at 3-3, but a final-round whitewash meant they finished as runners-up in both this and the darts competitions.
May McGowan and Sue Steele won three out of three for Bull, while Compasses ended their season in style, clinching the darts title and rising to third overall with a 14-1 win at Red Beret.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
Final table: CCFC 14-135, Lt Waltham 14-126, Compasses 14-120, Chequers 14-116, Dog & Partridge 14-113, Black Bull 14-106, Red Beret 14-78, City Birds 14-46.