Lyons roars his way to a perfect Saturday
FELSTED driver Michael Lyons put in a dominant performance to win both races at the MSC Formula 5000 event on Saturday.
FELSTED driver Michael Lyons put in a dominant performance to qualify on pole and then win both races at the MSC Formula 5000 event on Saturday.
Lyons was in sintilating form in his Lola T400, as he won race one from the front of the grid, securing pole for race two, and then won that – he also set the fastest laps in both.
The 20-year-old’s superiority was never threatened and after the race he said: “It was great to get a clean sweep of the race meeting – being fastest in every session, including fastest lap, pole position and race win!
“Looking back on it, it would have been nice to lap the field and with four more laps, I think I might have done it.”
Michael’s engineer Matt Dobson added: “Mick did a great job, and every lap was quick, and every lap he consistently built up his advantage, proving what a fast driver he really is.”
- 1 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 8 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
- 9 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 10 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
Lyons will now go on to compete in the next Formula 5000 event at Brands Hatch in the annual Superprix meeting on July 1-3; before he then returns to the Avon Tyres British GT Championship where Michael will be back racing in his main racing series at Spa Francorchamps on July 8 and 9 in the Ferrari 458 GT3 with Scuderia Vittoria.