Lyons roars his way to a perfect Saturday
FELSTED driver Michael Lyons put in a dominant performance to win both races at the MSC Formula 5000 event on Saturday.
FELSTED driver Michael Lyons put in a dominant performance to qualify on pole and then win both races at the MSC Formula 5000 event on Saturday.
Lyons was in sintilating form in his Lola T400, as he won race one from the front of the grid, securing pole for race two, and then won that – he also set the fastest laps in both.
The 20-year-old’s superiority was never threatened and after the race he said: “It was great to get a clean sweep of the race meeting – being fastest in every session, including fastest lap, pole position and race win!
You may also want to watch:
“Looking back on it, it would have been nice to lap the field and with four more laps, I think I might have done it.”
Michael’s engineer Matt Dobson added: “Mick did a great job, and every lap was quick, and every lap he consistently built up his advantage, proving what a fast driver he really is.”
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 4 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 5 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 9 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
Lyons will now go on to compete in the next Formula 5000 event at Brands Hatch in the annual Superprix meeting on July 1-3; before he then returns to the Avon Tyres British GT Championship where Michael will be back racing in his main racing series at Spa Francorchamps on July 8 and 9 in the Ferrari 458 GT3 with Scuderia Vittoria.