Lyons roars his way to a perfect Saturday
FELSTED driver Michael Lyons put in a dominant performance to win both races at the MSC Formula 5000 event on Saturday.
FELSTED driver Michael Lyons put in a dominant performance to qualify on pole and then win both races at the MSC Formula 5000 event on Saturday.
Lyons was in sintilating form in his Lola T400, as he won race one from the front of the grid, securing pole for race two, and then won that – he also set the fastest laps in both.
The 20-year-old’s superiority was never threatened and after the race he said: “It was great to get a clean sweep of the race meeting – being fastest in every session, including fastest lap, pole position and race win!
You may also want to watch:
“Looking back on it, it would have been nice to lap the field and with four more laps, I think I might have done it.”
Michael’s engineer Matt Dobson added: “Mick did a great job, and every lap was quick, and every lap he consistently built up his advantage, proving what a fast driver he really is.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
Lyons will now go on to compete in the next Formula 5000 event at Brands Hatch in the annual Superprix meeting on July 1-3; before he then returns to the Avon Tyres British GT Championship where Michael will be back racing in his main racing series at Spa Francorchamps on July 8 and 9 in the Ferrari 458 GT3 with Scuderia Vittoria.