Lynn pleased with Monaco GP2 Series points haul
- Credit: Archant
Alex Lynn was left happy with his points tally from the GP2 Series races in Monaco at the weekend despite not making the podium.
The Dunmow racer claimed a fourth and fifth place, but that provided vital championship points from the second race weekend of the season as some of his competitors stuttered.
He said: “It wasn’t the kind of thing dreams are made of, but it’s 19 points on a track like Monte Carlo, which is always a bit of a lottery.
“A lot of my main rivals faltered and we picked up good points, so I’m happy.”
Having qualified in third, DAMS driver Lynn took fourth spot in race one on Saturday which was won by Russian Time’s Artum Markelov.
You may also want to watch:
Nobuharu Matsushita of ART Grand Prix took the chequered flag in race two with Lynn down in fifth.
“The good thing is I’ve ended the weekend just eight points off the championship lead,” said Lynn who lies third in the championship at this early stage.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
“I know from before, when I’ve won championships in other series, that these weekends are extremely important.
“A fourth and a fifth might sound boring, but it’s vital to pick up those points.
“You win when you can, and when you can’t you pick up the maximum possible.
“We dodged a lot of curveballs, didn’t make mistakes which a lot of our rivals did, and banked 19 points.”
The next race weekend is June 17-19 at the Baku City Circuit in Azerbaijan.