Lynn happy with Eurocup start
FORMULA Renault UK Championship leader Alex Lynn scored a strong sixth place on his debut in the Eurocup
FORMULA Renault UK Championship leader Alex Lynn scored a strong sixth place on his debut in the Eurocup at the Hungaroring circuit near Budapest last Saturday.
The Dunmow teenager travelled was part of an enormous field of 48 cars which included some of the hottest young talent in Europe.
Lynn, 17 maintained his position throughout, but felt he had the speed to take a podium. “It was pretty difficult because we didn’t get much testing so I was happy to take sixth. It’s very difficult to overtake around there. All of us in the top six were pretty evenly-matched, but I think my pace was good enough for the top three.”
You may also want to watch:
The next race weekend is the fourth round of the Formula Renault UK Championship, at Snetterton in Norfolk, on August 6/7.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change