Long course delight for Dunmow Atlantis swimmers
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis swimmers from regional and county squads were in action last weekend, taking part at the Team Luton level 1 long course meet.
The annual event was a final chance for most of the swimmers to secure qualification for the imminent East Region Championships.
The squad consisted of Louis Spong, Rebecca Johnson, Daisy Herrington, Emma Sarginson, Jack Richardson, John Boyle, Josh Smith, Maddie Lees, Meghan Maybanks, Rebecca Dack, Chloe Moloney, Sophie Taylor, Rebecca Watt, Rose Wilkinson, Patrick Winnington and Lucy le Huquet, plus McLaughlin brothers Matt and Jamie.
Dunmow set the pool alight, showing true determination to come away with 23 long course personal bests and eight medals in total.
Top spot for the girls’ 50m freestyle went to 14-year-old Watt, with silver medals aplenty for Maybanks and Smith in their trademark freestyle and backstroke events.
To complete the accolades Rebecca Dack, Emma Sarginson, Rebecca Watt and Sophie Taylor gained the coveted regional qualifying times they had worked so hard to attain.
- 1 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 3 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 4 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 5 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 6 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 7 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Two cyclists taken to hospital after Great Easton crash
- 10 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements