Long course delight for Dunmow Atlantis swimmers
- Credit: Archant
Dunmow Atlantis swimmers from regional and county squads were in action last weekend, taking part at the Team Luton level 1 long course meet.
The annual event was a final chance for most of the swimmers to secure qualification for the imminent East Region Championships.
The squad consisted of Louis Spong, Rebecca Johnson, Daisy Herrington, Emma Sarginson, Jack Richardson, John Boyle, Josh Smith, Maddie Lees, Meghan Maybanks, Rebecca Dack, Chloe Moloney, Sophie Taylor, Rebecca Watt, Rose Wilkinson, Patrick Winnington and Lucy le Huquet, plus McLaughlin brothers Matt and Jamie.
Dunmow set the pool alight, showing true determination to come away with 23 long course personal bests and eight medals in total.
Top spot for the girls’ 50m freestyle went to 14-year-old Watt, with silver medals aplenty for Maybanks and Smith in their trademark freestyle and backstroke events.
You may also want to watch:
To complete the accolades Rebecca Dack, Emma Sarginson, Rebecca Watt and Sophie Taylor gained the coveted regional qualifying times they had worked so hard to attain.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome