Local youth football round up


Football - Credit: Archant

Local youth football round up

Youth football


Dunmow Rhodes Tigers 1 Great Notley 0

Rhodes entertained Great Notley in the semi-final of the Knockout Cup. They started strongly with the midfield working hard to keep possession and create opportunities.

Rhodes finally open the scoring from a wonderful passing move that allowed Miles Thorpe to open the scoring.

Rhodes’ defence was excellent in the second half and, with Notley committing players forward in search of an equaliser, could have had more.

Most Read


Valley Green 1 Flitch Youth Blues 7

In Flitch’s last game before next weekend’s cup final, they cruised to a comfortable win.

They took total control right from the start opening the scoring within two minutes when George Gilbert’s perfect angled pass found Mason Allington who slotted the ball home.

The second followed soon after. Green’s keeper took a goal kick but it went straight to Mason Allington who ran at the goal and fired home his second.

Ben Mackley made it three when he met Luke Smith’s inch-perfect pass and then Mackley turn provider for Flitch’s fourth before half time. He hit a shot which struck the foot of the post and Allington was quickest to react for the easiest of taps ins.

Flitch continued their relentless attacking game in the second half. Mackley was again the provider for the fifth with a chip pass for Harry Bowley to run onto. He ran past the Valley Green defence to score.

Bowley’s pace contributed to Flitch’s sixth, again running at the defence his shot was well parried by the keeper, but Ben Ward was on hand to stick the ball in the net.

Allington grabbed his fourth and Flitch’s seventh again charging down a goal kick and thumping the ball home.

Valley Green never gave up and grabbed a late consolation.


Dunmow United Tigers 1 Dunmow Rhodes Lions 3

Tigers made the Lions work hard for their victory at High Easter on Sunday.

The first half was a very well contested affair with both sides playing some good attacking football. But it was Rhodes who took the lead with the very last kick of the first half following a strike from Sam Duderry.

Rhodes increased their lead soon after the start when a good cross from Christian Roles found the head of Adam Griggs, who flicked the ball into the net.

The third arrived soon after, Oscar Turner firing past the keeper after good work from Duberry.

The visitors continued to press but the Tigers also caused a few problems of their own and fought their way back into the game. They created a series of chances which culiminated in a goal when a Jack Adamson corner eluded everyone and went directly into the Rhodes net. Both sides had further chances to score but the game finished with Rhodes victorious.

Dunmow Rhodes Tigers 0 Langley Colts 2

In Rhodes’ first game for several weeks, it took them some time to brush off the cobwebs.

Title challengers Langley started the brighter but without creating anything, and soon Dunmow got some confidence and started to play some good football. They also created some good half chances which they couldn’t convert.

On the half hour mark, Dunmow failed to deal with a hopeful free kick, just lofted into the area. Nobody got a touch and ended in the net. Langley’s centre forward then made it 2-0, latching onto a threw ball to round the keeper.

Dunmow had their best spell of the game and should have reduced the deficit, but failed to take their chances.

Neither team really looked like scoring in the second half.