Local youth football round up

Action from Dunmow United Tigers U15's 2-1 win over Tolleshunt Knights.

Action from Dunmow United Tigers U15's 2-1 win over Tolleshunt Knights. - Credit: Archant

Local youth football round up

Action from Dunmow United Tigers U15's 2-1 win over Tolleshunt Knights.

Action from Dunmow United Tigers U15's 2-1 win over Tolleshunt Knights. - Credit: Archant


Dunmow United Pumas 5 Sporting 77 Lions 1

After a string of cup matches resulting in a first appearance in a final, later this month, the Pumas finally resumed their League campaign with a comfortable home victory over the Lions from Braintree.

The boys in orange made a bright start with the potent strike force of George Coates, Louis Claridge and Ben Clarke all adding to their impressive goal tallies within 12 minutes.

A combination of brave saves, desperate defending, the woodwork and a host of missed chances prevented any further first half scoring.

It was Brandon Montalto who increased Dunmow’s lead with a spectacular long distance strike before Sporting, who to their credit kept battling competitively, grabbed a late consolation, only for Coates to complete the scoring with his second of the match.

Most Read


Boreham Village 4 Dunmow United Pythons 6

This quarter final win was Dunmow’s best performance of the season, in an exciting and high quality game.

Depsite missing several players, they dominated the game and created a host of chances. They took an early lead after Will Hammill’s fierce shot hit the post, and Harry Simmonds tapped in.

Cameron Wallace made it two to cap an excellent display. Boreham pulled back two very quick goals, before Simmonds scored a second before half time.

The excitement continued in the second half, and Boreham kept the tie alive to make it 3-3. Pythons pressed forward and won a free kick, and man-of-the-match Hammill slotted home. He then supplied a long cross-field pass volleyed home by Harry Roberts.

Roberts scored a second in similar style to put the game out of reach, and leave Pythons looking forward to a semi-final.


Old Chelmsfordians 2 Flitch Youth Blues 5

Flitch Blues continued their push for promotion by beating promotion rivals Old Chelmsfordians in an exciting game.

They took an early lead with a well taken goal; Harry Bowley controlled the ball in the box and drew the keeper but unselfishly passed to Kasib Chowdhury who had the task of slotting the ball into the empty net.

The second goal followed 10 minutes later when the same pair were involved in the build up, this time setting up Ben Macklay who scored from close range.

Flitch made it three before half time, Chowdhury turning provider for Bowley to run clear of the defence and fire the ball past the keeper.

Chelmsfordians pulled one back early in the second half but Flitch put the game beyond doubt with two more goals. The first from the penalty spot, scored by Ben Mackley after Ben Ward had been fouled, and the fifth from Bowley, running on to a superb through ball from Calum Pinto.

Chelmsfordians did manage to score a second in the dying minutes of the game, but by then the game was well won by Flitch.


Dunmow United Tigers 2 Tolleshunt Knights 1

The Tigers took on Tolleshunt Knights and started well coping with the very direct and physical style of play the visitors use.

After nuetralising all of their attacking threats the Dumow defence were unlucky to concede a penalty mid-way through the first half which the visitors converted to take the lead.

After the break the Tigers took control of the game playing excellent passing football and cutting through the visitors midfield. The home team drew level when George Maby beat the visitors keeper after an excellent move down the right. Maby scored a second goal from a Conner Capon corner and easily saw out a well deserved victory.

Heybridge Swifts Youth 1 Flitch Youth 2

Flitch earned three points with a hard-fought win over the Swifts.

They started brightly and took the lead when Conor Clark blasted home Curtis Elliott’s lobbed through ball. The visitors’ lead doubled when Josh Callaghan headed home Dan Topp’s free kick.

Despite further pressure, Flitch couldn’t add to their lead.

The second half saw the hosts raise their game and they got a goal back via a penalty, but despite further chances falling to both sides, it finished 2-1 to Flitch.